Accenta 8 Mini Tamper Problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handful

Reaction score
Hi all, first post on here, hopefully with a successful outcome!

I have an Accenta 8 Mini alarm (old I know) and it's been pretty reliable but the other night the alarm triggered when it wasn't set. It was at 3.30am so was a rather rude awakening! the tamper light was lit but none of the PIRs were lit up. My first thought was it's probably the battery failing although I was of the belief that this would only happen in the event of a power cut? Anyway, for the sake of a few quid I bought a new battery and have fitted it but this hasn't solved the problem, the alarm triggers usually only after a few minutes after fitting the battery and clearing the tamper fault.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I have checked all thev PIRs and the panic button in the bedroom and they all seem to be working fine and there are no obvious wiring faults inside the panel?

Thanks in advance

Sorry to sate the obvious, but you have a tamper fault and unless you find it......

The tamper on an alarm is there to protect the cables and devices 24/7. The chances are you have high resistance on something, you could look for the obvious but you said you have checked all devices (But then you were not looking for a tamper) You will need to check the resistance of each tamper loop and see which one is either high or fluctuates.

Try fitting a link between T and A on the bell box wiring in the panel

Ok, I think I will call out my engineer, probably beyind my very limited capabilities! Thanks for the suggestions gents

it would narrow down a fault... done exactly that the other week, bypassed all tampers, alarm still gave random tamper faults few days later... new panel and all sorted...
I'm not saying it isn't a valid fault finding exercise, but that other bloke was just handing out that step as standard with nothing else.