ADS

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most electricians are failed plumbers eh?

Although never a fully qualified plumber, I was partially trained and was gas trained to ACOPS in my days as a maintenance electrician at Bernard Matthews.

It was commented on by the college instructor that my pipe work was the best of the group. He was surprised at the quality and wanted to know how it was I could produce such good work. Easy I said, I'm an electrician who's done quite a bit of metal conduit work, bending copper pipe is childs play by comparrison ;)

By the way, it was company policy at Bernard Matthews to employ electricians for multi-skilled work as they maintained it was easier to train an electrician to double as a plumber than it was to train a plumber to double as an electrician.

Then of course there's the old saying.

That plumbers are just failed gas fitters.

Debate all you want on this very interesting subject but another personal remark against any member and I will remove the post and issue infractions.

Sometimes we misinterpret, sometimes we really believe something, and sometimes we are all wrong.

My personal view of the BRB is "an idiots guide to the regulations".

In a very extreme instance an installation could be designed to deviate from all of BS7671 and yet still be compliant, even under the scope of BS7671.

To my mind, this discussion is done and dusted, and has been for some pages.

To my mind there is too much ******** talked about who is this, who is that and too much one-upmanship to be a friendly forum, and most of those who are guilty talk ********

just to drive home mr manators point

any further

off topic attacks

sniping

or derogatory comments

will have the whole thread closed

and the persons involved will find a yellow card in their inbox

this is the season of forgiveness and thoughtfulness

please try to reflect this in your posts

mr smith