Adt Domestic Alarm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got a feeling the alarm is now going off because rsrfire STARTED SHOUTING!!! :slap

I`m due to power down a domestic ADT alarm is ther anything I SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR WHEN I`M DOING THIS?

Welcome to the forum. If you mean that you need to turn the mains power off for a short period, the alarm should carry on working satisfactorily providing it has been correctly maintained with appropriate back-up battery replacements. If the back up battery has not be replaced within the last 5 years it is probable that there may be insufficient power to keep the panel running correctly. If you mean that you want to completely disable and power down the alarm, mains can be removed, open the panel up and remove the battery and the external siren battery will need disconnecting if it starts sounding. 

Doc H.

Generally ADT alarms are monitored so possibly a phone call will be needed why does it need isolating more info is required I think.