Advice on adding a battery to hybrid inverter

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo9000

Reaction score
I am awaiting a fogstar battery,and would like to connect myself,is it as easy as switch ac and dc isolators off then connect quick connectors and earth to hybrid inverters and com??

Split from hi-jacked post

Last edited by a moderator:
wasnt sure if fused isolator was needed as fogstar battery has 125Amp dc breaker.newbie here so still learning on solar,thanks for reply.

Depends who you buy your kit from. Check out any dc electrics, such as cars, caravans and boats, they all have fuse protection on the battery leads.
Very few cars have fuse protection on the battery leads. The installations I showed above were the first 5 photo's on a google search for solar inverter and battery install. Many of the manufacturers literature with battery and inverter dont show them either. That said, I did include them on my DIY setup!

Very few cars have fuse protection on the battery leads. The installations I showed above were the first 5 photo's on a google search for solar inverter and battery install. Many of the manufacturers literature with battery and inverter dont show them either. That said, I did include them on my DIY setup!
seems to vary by manufacturer, but evryhting I've ever read in regards to off grid installations has battery fuses, my motorhime has one, boats seem to like them... I was never totally convinced of the need, but it also provides an isolator for the battery should maintenance be required.