advice on train4trades?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinwiddie98

Reaction score
found this forum when looking for advice on company Train 4trade?? lots of money spent with these and now say cannot finish course? options? Advice please

Hi There,

Looking for advice on behalf of my son in law who has been doing a course with the above company for the last 2 years. He phoned last week to book his final week of practical and was told he couldn't do it due to there lack of funding from the finance company or some such rubbish. Said they would phone him back , didn't and he is still waiting. Paid thousands for this course. Help!!

Two threads with same topic merged onto one thread

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum, unfortunately I suspect the problem with finance company could be the truth. This is a problem with some of these private training companies. They are simply a small business and like many other small businesses they can have cash flow problems and if some of their business running costs are via loans, overdrafts, or 3rd party finance agreements, if the funds dry up the company can struggle or even fold completely. There was a case last year of a training business that closed up leaving many students facing no means of finishing the course or getting money back. I don't know anything about the particular company you are talking about, possibly you local Citizens advice or Trading standards may have some information about them or what legal rights you have. The general consensus of our members tends to be these training companies can be more expensive and lower quality than the traditional college training route. I wish you luck in resolving your problem.

Doc H.

report it straight to trading standards,

before i was offered a job with E.on as a jointer i started to do the course with T4T...

worst mistake ever

after a bit of digging i found out a few things...

the credit company is infact all based in the same building and ran by the same person that runs T4T..

a bit strange?

it seems that T4T use this 'credit' company CDF (career development finance)

to fund the course and then like to send out letters as you proceed threw the course saying they have not recieved enough payment to proceed and to pay