Advice Requested On Fitting A Salus Rt500 Programmable Room Thermost

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pro Dave

Thanks - I think i'm finally starting to understand. 

The Drayton LP112 you linked me to says it has common timings for heating and hot water.

Is it ok to go for the "top of the range"  which allows for separate timings for heating and hot water? See here :

http://www.screwfix.com/p/drayton-lp722-mk4-programmer/26078?cm_sp=Search-_-SearchRec-_-Area1&_requestid=946340

Many thanks
That was just an example picked at random.

Yes you can have one with separate times, but bearing in my the limitation that you can't have heating without hot water as your plumbing is set up (and remember to configure it for "gravity") But you can have the hot water coming on earlier than the heating if you so wish.

you could put a 2port valve in and switch it via a tank stat, the only limitations with simply doing it this was [the easiest method] is that your timing for hot water must always be overlapping the CH times.

I think I now have the information I need to get something sorted. I'm planning to get a 2 channel controller with either a wired or wireless thermostat. And I will look to tomorrow to see if there is a thermostatic control on the cylinder and if not, consider whether to fit one.

Hopefully this will drag the system into at least the 20th Century for the time being and I can look at upgrading more fully later in the year. It looks like the bits I will install now will all be of use in the event of an upgrade so nothing will go to waste.

It may be that I will need some more help when I look at the cylinder tomorrow, but in the meantime I'd just like to say a big thanks for all the posts, which have been very helpful. It's very good of you guys to take time to answer questions from a DIY'er like me. It's much appreciated.