Alarm help!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
Just been to an optima xm today.

customer complained of the system being locked out.

Battery duff.. got a new battery, did a full reset and walk test everything fine, go to set the system and 2 zones fault

i link the zones and it sets fine, so then check the continuity on the zones and its fine.

to cut a long story short theres 3 PIR's 2 on one zone and 1 on the other. with these removed the system sets but put any 1 PIR on a zone and it wont set. There is 12v at the PIRs and the contacts at each PIR open up when activated. I put these 3 on their own zone, I've got continuity on the zone but as soon as I set it just wont. Any ideas? I've found the technical line and will be going back later today/tonight.

Sorted it now, bit foolish on my part got too involved with why the PIR's weren't working properly even though they lit up when triggered. Checked the panel and its only putting out 7v, i can only pressume that when I did the walk test it was using the power from the battery. so new panel it is.

Sorted it now, bit foolish on my part got too involved with why the PIR's weren't working properly even though they lit up when triggered. Checked the panel and its only putting out 7v, i can only pressume that when I did the walk test it was using the power from the battery. so new panel it is.
is the battery actually charging?.....I blew battery fuse on one once:(

13.8v across battery on charging if ok

no, the actual dc input to the panel once converted was 7v, 7.7v once the battery was removed.

It was common for the optima panel to burn out a resistor located under the keypad.

Latest posts