Am i confused or is this right?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah earthing, if your confused with standard earthing of an electric install then just add unbalanced audio to the mix and chase the hum, can take daysssss! I'm also a RIGHT hand in my pocket kind of guy, note all of us that are leaving comments are still alive! Have recently been working on a new boat with 400V DC propulsion battery's, you'd only touch them and the aluminum deck once if you dont know what your doing!
Have a safe day ;-)

I work on some quite nasty "death inducing stuff, if you get it wrong" someone once said to me "you don't seem to be that interested poking around in there and staring at it for ages, with one hand in your pocket"
He was last seen running to the Phamacy for some Anusol to ease the discomfort of his new defecatory orifice
I suppose you did warn him not to sit down on the job!

I heard somewhere that firefighters always feel their way by touching walls with the back of their hands, in case they encounter a live wire, hence their hand won't clamp on to the cable.

I heard somewhere that firefighters always feel their way by touching walls with the back of their hands, in case they encounter a live wire, hence their hand won't clamp on to the cable.
Not just for live cables it's for anything. Hot pipes can burn and it's a natural reaction to grab something if you touch it.

Overhead 760000v line from helicopter not in month of bloody Sundays
Having worked offshore, I don't like helicopters at the best of times. The thought of the helicopter having an issue in such close proximity to powerlines doesn't bear thinking about.