Amazon Prime £49 Debit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
My daughter was in bits when she discovered £49 missing from her bank account  debit to Amazon

No purchases of that amount so fearing the worst contacted HSBC who were aware of this issue (apparently not the first phone call)

HSBC gave the contact number for customer services,, phoned the number     the first message was regarding the £49 and that you could cancel the subscription online for a refund

Yeah right..........didn't believe it so went to an operator who looked into it and I explained the issue and got the refund straight away hardly any quibble.

I did state though none of the items purchased were delivered next day and I thought that this was a bit of a con   ,,,,,,, it was noted

just waiting for the money to go back into the account now

lesson learnt for my 16  year old,,,,,,,,Thanks Dad !!!!

be aware ....

She will have inadvertently signed up at checkout. It is easy to do, and to be fair if she did then I'd have thought you owed them the money!

The costs etc are made quite clear.

Patch

I totally agree

I expected to give her the bad news but it seems Amazon may have made a boo boo somewhere.... my daughter didn't receive any confirmation that she had signed up to it

I signed up for that although hadn't realised it was £49.00 We did have it for a year and as my son buys quite a bit of stuff through Amazon I didn't mind. It has run out now and I haven't bothered renewing it. I can wait for the stuff to be delivered.

Latest posts