Another cert question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutsy

Reaction score
Just wondered if someone could clarify a couple of points for me,

i'm not yet with part p provider (havent made my mind up on which scammers to use).

As far as i can make out communal areas of blocks of flats are not notifiable is this correct?

No labc involved?

If so can i issue an eic on a single socket to be fitted (by me, for aerial system psu).

Its gonna be on new cct.

cheers

Just wondered if someone could clarify a couple of points for me,i'm not yet with part p provider (havent made my mind up on which scammers to use).

As far as i can make out communal areas of blocks of flats are not notifiable is this correct? only if it has its own meter and is not shared

No labc involved?

If so can i issue an eic on a single socket to be fitted (by me, for aerial system psu).yes

Its gonna be on new cct.

cheers
my red

so i dont have to get labc involved then?, even tho i'm not part p reg'd and have only got 17th edition, 2393 building regs & 2392 initial verification and testing?

cheers for that. Any other electrical work i did i used to get someone else to sign off it for me, so am just checking to keep my self on legal side of things.

Andy

where does it say its not allowed to get someone else who is qualified to sign off your work?

KME

wot does mean?

When your a member of a scam you are only allowed to certify your own work not anyone elses mate.

Tm is andys username .... Andy tm

hope that helps

Matt

sorry but this may sound totally stupid, but if a private householder does his own electrics and gets labc involved then its gonna be tested by someone who is qualified and maybe that person is reg'd with part p provider. could this not be seen as a similar situation? Gonna dig out me copy of p.cheers mate
only LABC can sign off someone else's work

No, thats the point of a regularisation application. They rip the sh*t out of the place to prove it was done ok. I think its to teach the owner a lesson to involve LABC next time.

Just wondered if someone could clarify a couple of points for me,i'm not yet with part p provider (havent made my mind up on which scammers to use).

As far as i can make out communal areas of blocks of flats are not notifiable is this correct?

No labc involved?If so can i issue an eic on a single socket to be fitted (by me, for aerial system psu).

Its gonna be on new cct.

cheers
Extract from app doc P, page 5:

"the requirements of this part apply only to electrical installations that are intended to operate at low or extra-low voltage and are:

a)...

B) in the common parts of a building serving one or more dwellings, ..."

So, any new circuit in the stairwell of your flats will be notifiable.

Extract from app doc P, page 5:"the requirements of this part apply only to electrical installations that are intended to operate at low or extra-low voltage and are:

a)...

B) in the common parts of a building serving one or more dwellings, ..."

So, any new circuit in the stairwell of your flats will be notifiable.
actually the new circuit will be in the meter/fuseboard cupboard to which gen public have no access.

how do you first fix a db change? do have all the cables coming out of the wall then ring LABC to look at them, then fit your new board? What a farce. :|