another Changing old timeclock on c.heating at home

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nodrog

Reaction score
Hi my son has an horstmann 424 gem time clock

I am wanting to put in a centaurplus c27 in it's place

It is a fully pumped Y-plan system

in the replacement guide it say's there is a (number)9 wire that should go to terminal 2 in new clock. however there is no number 9 wire in this 424 gem?

when swapped over as guide says i can only have hot water on with central heating on it won't allow me to set program for just water

any help would be appreciated

many thanks

On your programmer you should have L-N-E Input, then Hot Water On, Hot Water Off and C/Heating ON.

The new programmer should have the same but maybe using different numbers but principle the same.

On your programmer you should have L-N-E Input, then Hot Water On, Hot Water Off and C/Heating ON.The new programmer should have the same but maybe using different numbers but principle the same.
the new one has them on but the old one dose not have any on

Okay - the Horstman Centaur range are supplied ready for a gravity DHW / pumped CH system - in order to utilise it as fully pumped, you need to remove the small blue plastic tab in the back - allows the controller to work in fully pumped mode.

KME

thats it, same as the one I have,but I do believe mr KME is correct, you need to remove the gravity tab on the clock.
installation manual states that when used to control a fully pumped system the link must remain in situ?