Another one

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
'We had the lighting rewired about 5 years ago' The lady told me whilst we were carrying out a kitchen refurb. This is what i found above the ceiling

2011-10-18092318.jpg

Same kitchen, lady complained why i had charged her for a new cooker control, 'the old one worked perfectly fine'

2011-10-18090714.jpg

On a good note though, look at the workmanship on this old lath part of a wall. Back then can you imagine how boring a job that must have been . Hundreds of houses with every internal surface covered in that

2011-10-18114850.jpg

In them days the apprenticeship for plastering was 7 years. They never had plasterboard in them days

'We had the lighting rewired about 5 years ago' The lady told me whilst we were carrying out a kitchen refurb. This is what i found above the ceiling
2011-10-18092318.jpg

a hammer, not a bad find, i have found the odd screwdriver in the past:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Same kitchen, lady complained why i had charged her for a new cooker control, 'the old one worked perfectly fine'
2011-10-18090714.jpg
People never fail to amaze me.

So she has a shiny new kitchen, one can assume with nice new tiling or whatever.

So why would anybody in their right mind want to keep an old relic like that, even if it was in good condition (which that one was not)?