Any one got a Belle cement mixer with a Honda engine?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd it runs for a short time I'd agree with above, either floats are sticking and not letting duel into bowl fast enough, or jets are clogged, could be air jet, main jet, emulsion tube, etc, have you a sonic cleaner,?

Don't be tempted to clear blockages with wire,,,, you WILL make the jet bigger. 
Cheers. I have brake cleaner and maybe 40 litres of meths!

I do have an ultrasonic cleaner yes.

I'm NOT very mechanically minded, but the bowl, jets and emulsion tube are parts of the carburettor - yes? My gut feeling is to swap it for the £20 one and then dismantle, clean and service the origional when I have more spare time. Priority at the moment is getting the mixer running.

Cheers. I have brake cleaner and maybe 40 litres of meths!

I do have an ultrasonic cleaner yes.

I'm NOT very mechanically minded, but the bowl, jets and emulsion tube are parts of the carburettor - yes? My gut feeling is to swap it for the £20 one and then dismantle, clean and service the origional when I have more spare time. Priority at the moment is getting the mixer running.
If a replacement is only 20£ then get one, 

If you are not very mechanically minded just take the outer bits off the old carb and put it in the cleaner,

Much better completely stripped, yes, the jets, emulsion tube etc are internal parts, depending on carb they may be specifically positioned regards directions so maybe best to not remove.

Meths pure WILL melt the piston, :slap

Put it in a trigger spray and sparingly spray it into the air intake, mix a little with the fuel, maybe 5:1

NO warranty is given on your piston being holed,!!! :eek:

But I'd say on a thudded 4 stroke mixer its well safe, might rev itself to bits though once it clears itself,,,!!!!

Thanks.

To confirm - I am spraying some meths into air intake (presumably with filter off)? Am I ALSO adding some to the fuel, or only if it doesn't cure it by spraying?

Another possibility for running for a little & stopping, is fuel starvation, caused by a blocked tank breather, if the fuel goes into the engine, air has to replace it in the tank, if it can't then it causes a vacuum, and the engine can't get fuel, so, stops.

That "dinted" item is the rocker cover, that won't stop it.

+1 to fuel starvation, try undoing the pertrol cap a little. Also sometime there is a little filter bowl on the back of the petrol tap that can get clogged up restricting the fuel flow.

Personally I'm more concerned with why he's got so much meths? that's one hell of a drink problem.lol

I tend to agree with fuel starvation too, especially if it runs normally between cutting out.

On a self propelled grass cutter I borrowed, I think tightening the cap was to stop fuel evaporation when stored. 

I am not certain of this , but it would only run properly when the cap was backed off.

All fuel systems need replacement air in the tank though though , as has been said.

It is , I don't think I have heard  anyone say their car has a dent.

And a girlfriend can be a 'bint'

Update:

• Service done (new oil, air filter, plug, drive belt and sprocket)
  • New carburettor fitted
  • Fuel tank off, cleaned, filter changed (at tank outlet), new fuel line
  • New casing on back of gearbox fitted (with new gasket)- the bracket holding the motor was broken
  • New rocker cover, gasket and new air hose.

Started first pull and ran for 20 minutes when I stopped it. Seems ok - next challenge is with some cement in there.

I think I may have fixed it. I did try blasting through the carburettor with carb cleaner, but that didn't seem to fix it. I even took the jet out and the emulsion tube and they were clear.