Any one got a Belle cement mixer with a Honda engine?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the motor rock on a single bolt. I assume it shouldn't move, but then I wondered if it was self levelling when tipped an meant to happen.

2013 model via ebay for £111 but occasionally cuts out. I have a service kit coming tomorrow and going to change plug, air filter and oil. I'm told there is a filter under the tank and I have one of them coming. If that doesn't cure it then I will have a dismantle of the carburettor.

ill have a look next time i can, but iirc the engine is bolted to the frame and doesnt move. still runs perfectly in its normal position or tipped forward to empty
. not sure about any fuel filters. most likely is one, but ive never looked at it

oh,

is it a normal float bowl carb @Apache

Im fairly certain they are pulse pipe carbs on those, so they pump fuel no matter the 'level' they are on,

be careful if it is, they can be very sensitive to the 'blow off' pressure on the diaphragm, and , thinking about it, it may just be 'leaking bye' a bit on the air pressure side if thats the case.

@steptoe the pulse  carbs, do they use them on items such as petrol strimmers etc?

Couldn't get spares for my strimmer carb when it developed an air leak, had to buy a whole new carb. Braced myself for it and was told........£26. Ive paid more than that for gaskets and seal before!

@steptoe the pulse  carbs, do they use them on items such as petrol strimmers etc?

Couldn't get spares for my strimmer carb when it developed an air leak, had to buy a whole new carb. Braced myself for it and was told........£26. Ive paid more than that for gaskets and seal before!
Yep,

Strimmers, chainsaws and stuff, a lot if racing karts use them, due to them not being level for a float bowl, bikes are ok with normal cards due to lean angle and centrifugal force.

Right - problem one sorted. The movement on the engine is due to a broken casting on the back of the gearbox. it would seem that I can replace that and the gasket for about £8!

The casing marked with a red star is dinted - could that be involved in the cutting out? Could that let air in?

engine.jpg

Where else is there likely to be an air leak? I can get a non genuine carb for £20....

I've never heard of dinted either, I thought maybe the spellchecker lettuced his post when he wasn't looking. The cover with the star is the valve cover, if it was leaking there'd be oil evident, it wouldn't affect the fuel/air on the intake side.

So spend £20 on the new carb and see? I've got to order the bits for the motor support that is damaged. I'm tempted to replace that too while I have the spanners out and the motor off.

Have put a new plug/oil/filter on today. It would seem air goes from filter directly into carb.

Unless anyone else has any wise words why it would run for a couple of minutes and then cut out?

Have you tried running some Redex through it. If you leave petrol in the engine for some time without using/running it the petrol gets a bit gummy and this causes the sticking, this is why you should either run the engine fairly regularly or drain the tank if not using for some time. 

Personally I'd clean the plug, put some Redex in tank with fuel and run, alternatively remove the air filter and pour a small amount of Redex into the intake when you've started the engine. It may smoke a bit but it's nothing to worry about, just stop pouring if it sounds as though it's about to cut out. I have had to do this to mine a couple of times and probably will when I finally dig it out again. 

DO NOT use redex  on a petrol engine, it merely eats the metal away,!!!

Throw some avgas through it if you must, or, at a push, easystart,,,,,

Brake cleaner or meths even (in very very small amounts) would work too.

I'd it runs for a short time I'd agree with above, either floats are sticking and not letting duel into bowl fast enough, or jets are clogged, could be air jet, main jet, emulsion tube, etc, have you a sonic cleaner,?

Don't be tempted to clear blockages with wire,,,, you WILL make the jet bigger. 

Latest posts