Anyone else had a weird illness??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard many similar stories from people I know, / now of. I think you are forgetting there's loads of viruses knocking around anyway, and there seems to have been something nasty knocking around in December. This is , of ocurse, leading to few conspiracy theories.

One of the things that wil be interesting is with people actually improving their personal hygiene, how much the usual coughs / colds  fu and norovirusus is reduced this year.
A relative of mine had pneumonia in early January. 

We're wondering was she with the coronavirus. 

A relative of mine had pneumonia in early January. 

We're wondering was she with the coronavirus. 

Could have been.. "Pneumonia" as you are probably well aware is not a condition, it is a symptom.. Means something in greek, but basically it is lack of air. Sooooo, could well have been the corona thing..

john..

I have heard many similar stories from people I know, / now of. I think you are forgetting there's loads of viruses knocking around anyway, and there seems to have been something nasty knocking around in December. This is , of ocurse, leading to few conspiracy theories.

One of the things that wil be interesting is with people actually improving their personal hygiene, how much the usual coughs / colds  fu and norovirusus is reduced this year.

Might find out for certain.. The health board where i am, has opened a drive in test place for the NHS staff.

My friend is going to have a go as they are ill and i might too.. Only thing, i am not sure what they test for... After a certain stage you will still be well ill but not shedding the virus, so depending on what they are testing for they might decide you have not got it when you had it if you see what i mean..

The antibody test would be better, depending on when you are tested i suppose.. i will try to find out more..

john..

Read this... Not good... https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-thomas-davies-anglesey-chef-17995200.amp?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR0wYA7ltKfdRrpbCC4TPOcU9P8OXJxiJlzqu7If4FAuYBsVqL1-edV4mqI

Last edited by a moderator:
SiL was really ill just after Xmas. Thankfully she managed to put on a good spread though...😂

GP diagnosed a pulled muscle. THE hospital diagnosed pleurisy and pneumonia! IV antibiotics, oxygen, drip etc. GP btw is effing useless.

Thereafter all the extended family have been ill.

I was ill in the new year. A weird "cold". I remarked to SWMBO it was like no cold I've ever had. Really odd aches like in my ankles, short fever and a chest infection but no running nose as such. Hacking up some dark green stuff. Still seem to have the tail end of it .

Also had a super weird, weeks not days, upset tummy too. Put if this way it didn't smell like "mine". Just reading diarrhoea can be a symptom. I was wondering if I'd ever sh!t solid again.

If I blow my nose in the morning of late there's spots of blood on the tissue.

Was talking to one of my customers yesterday, retired intelligent fella who like to research things. He reckons there was an outbreak of pneumonia starting around mid October last year that was notable in Lombardy and spread since. Perhaps some one might like to look into this - I'm busy painting the garden fence.

I’m not looking forward to this. I’m due back in hospital next Tuesday for another abdominal drain, I’ve not felt well since the last one. I thought I’d escaped due to the corona 19 virus, no such luck, they’ve got their claws in me.

I’m not looking forward to this. I’m due back in hospital next Tuesday for another abdominal drain, I’ve not felt well since the last one. I thought I’d escaped due to the corona 19 virus, no such luck, they’ve got their claws in me.
Best wishes Tony . I think of you and Glenn often. :)

SWMBO and daughter both had an illness.

Headache. Fever. Feeling lousy, achey and lack of energy and a dry non productive cough that went on for over a week.

If they had it now, no doubt people would say it was CV-19.  But this was in late January.  They caught it from our Australian relatives who were over at Christmas and coughing like good uns.

I just had a slight sore throat for a day and a slight cough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every cloud and all that....

as some on here know in 2012 I found I had bladder cancer...so 8 operations and 9 tumours later I was put on chemo......I think it was 30+ doses including maintenance over 3 years

any road up it was announced today that reasearch has shown that there is 10 times more chance of being badly affected by Covid19 if you have NOT had a BCG shot....and my chemo was? Yep, guessed correctly, BCG!!!!!! 

So,today I am feeling bombproof, tomorrow may be a different story

I wonder if that could be part of the answer why there is such a range in how bad you are affected, obviously weakend immune system from age or other conditions is one factor. But perhaps if the BCG is having an effect, the effect might fade over time, I seem to recall its normal to get it at about 14? maybe the benifiets start to fade after 20/30 years and are mostly gone by 40/50 years? And there are some cases where younger people are affected because they missed it. Probably doesn't make you completely immune, but allows you to catch it and have a much more mild time of it.

If it turns out to be true, might cause the anti-vaccination crowd to have a bit of a rethink....

Had flu like symptoms about 3 week ago. cough sore throat and unable to regulate my body temperature (no runny nose) thought i had shaken it off after 2 days then it hit me again this time I hurt all over all muscles felt like dull toothache. Felt every breath Over dosed on my asthma inhaler to get buy. Dunno what it was (no one will test you unless your over 70 and the queen is your mother) If it was flu I have never had it before. Isolated for 14 days as advised.

I am 60 and back at work now 60 hours this week. 

My wife got a sore throat and a cough for 2 days and grandson  aged 2  who lives with us had a temperature and a cough for 24 hours  I must be a soft ******

Swinging the lead:

The company my son works for has introduced a ruling where you’re allowed a fortnight on full pay for corona 19 then it drops to 50%. Other illnesses remain at 100%. Its not going down well with long serving employees.