Armeg Box sinkers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcampbell

Reaction score
Hi all

having just finished a job installing umpteen sockets, was wondering if it would be a time saver if I purchased the Armeg box sinkers.

Has anyone used these before and are they actually any good? Or are they gathering dust in your garages, giving you a bad mood every time you see them ;)

Thank you!

Mine used to get loads of use. It's good on soft-medium soft walls but useless on anything hard. For the odd socket or 2 it's not much of a time saver, but on rewires and the like it's quite handy once you get in a flow.

i have one but rarely use it.

its only really useful on soft brick, although the round bit can work on harder brick and make chasing out the rest of the box a little easier

Worth it's weight in gold on a rewire.

Save a lot of time

I bought one few weeks ago and I think there well good. As above on soft brick but rubbish on hard brick. What drills are you people using these with?

never used it on a rewire invaluable on new builds or extensions. The non armeg cheaper ones are meant to be no where near as good.

I use 24v cordless dewalt, luckily i have 3 batteries
I've got same 3 batteries 24v dewalt. Do you rate it mate? My batteries have seen better times but drill still goes ok. Was looking at the 36v Bosch. Anyone got one of these? Cheers

I've got same 3 batteries 24v dewalt. Do you rate it mate? My batteries have seen better times but drill still goes ok. Was looking at the 36v Bosch. Anyone got one of these? Cheers
i used to have a 24V dewalt SDS. but one battery doesnt hold any charge, and the other doesnt hold much charge.

i now use a 36v bosch. very light & just as powerful as the dewalt, although it doesnt have roto stop (dont miss it)

i have a cheapo sinker from tool station... i only use the sinker on soft brick, beware they produce a lot of dust, so only use it on re-wires...

i have a cheapo sinker from tool station... i only use the sinker on soft brick, beware they produce a lot of dust, so only use it on re-wires...
The armeg one has a sprung cover which collects all the dust mate. :coffee

Mainly use mine for site work were dust doesn't matter, for soft stuff thermalite use my cordless (Hilti 36v) Harder stuff use 110v drill. They certainly save a lot of time.

read som mix views on the armeg box sinker but have got one will review it when it gets a bit of use.

it now has a new tri cutter, got a few free bits with it,

5.5, 7, 8 mm sds,

20mm 25mm beaver bits

rethreading tool

comes with a few 6mm sds

will see if its any good