Arranging a holiday.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KWCFC

Reaction score
Ok. Im going to risk totally sounding like an idiot here, but I'll ask anyway.

Me and my mates all want to go on holiday next year, but I've been drawn the short straw of organising it and getting it arranged.

Trouble is, I have never arranged a holiday myself before in my life. It will be my first holiday without the parents and they always took care of it. Can anyone just help me out and let me know how I go about doing it? I dont have a clue where to start.

Its for 1 week in Magaluf for late April/early May next year. Would appreciate any help.

Cheers guys.

Go to a few travel agents and get prices, dont take the 1st price, they will ask your budget per person normaly, obv you dont want nothing too expencive as its a lads holiday and who cares what the room looks like... lol... obv this is a different story when you are going with a girl lol

Go to a few travel agents and get prices, dont take the 1st price, they will ask your budget per person normaly, obv you dont want nothing too expencive as its a lads holiday and who cares what the room looks like... lol... obv this is a different story when you are going with a girl lol
Haha, you've got this all sussed. We've just been talking about how we cant see ourselves spending alot of times in the room. Just a bed and four walls will do!

Hi Mate , I arrange our Skiing trip each year (10-15 people), normally straight forward , I normally find the cheapest airliner going to said destination ( normally Easy Jet) book flights , then check trip advisor for top 10 resorts/apartment in the area, book one within everyone's budget, arrange transfers via web, let each member sort there own insurance..... job done

I've found a holiday on thompsons website. Flights and accomadation included -

There is never usually hidden costs, unless the holiday doesnt include transfers or insurance...... the transfers can cost a fair bit depending how far away the airport is from your destination.... and insurance is never that dear either..... place i go to throws it in for free.... but then again they are charging for it but now showing it lol.

One thing i would say..... if its your 1st time booking and going etc i would recomend actually going into a travel agents and speaking to someone.... i done this my 1st time and they explained everything clearly and took the time to tell me what i had to do etc and what to expect at the airport even. And if you have any questions you just pop in and speak to the person your dealing with.... makes things easier in my oppinion

Cheers guys. What would you recommend for a lads holiday? All inclusive or self catering?

Hmmm i would say self catering, All you want is booze and sh@ggin..... and come on you defo aint going to make it to breakfast are you lol.... then you can eat where/when you want and not be tied down to times.... on the other hand all inclusive...... everything is paid for before u go and beer flows like the water from your tap.

Cheers guys. What would you recommend for a lads holiday? All inclusive or self catering?
Self catering mate. You wont make it for breakfast and ull be out by the time evening meal comes around. Cheap local lager (free on all inc) tastes like sha!t after the first couple of days.

Make sure you get some sort of travel insurance. I went on a lads holiday to tenerife 4 years ago, cracked my hand on the first night out, so had to put up with it for the remaining 6 nights, great.

Think we paid