Assembling Swa Glands

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at an imperial eqivelent to 4c 10mm MICC the other day that ran from the ground floor mains room to a rooftop lift motor room on a 14 storey residential block the other day that is going to need to be re-terminated on the ground floor as part of a switchgear upgrade.

Doubt it'll be be doing it anyway, but sounds like a interesting challenge, I've never done anything that big before

I was looking at an imperial eqivelent to 4c 10mm MICC the other day that ran from the ground floor mains room to a rooftop lift motor room on a 14 storey residential block the other day that is going to need to be re-terminated on the ground floor as part of a switchgear upgrade.

Doubt it'll be be doing it anyway, but sounds like a interesting challenge, I've never done anything that big before
BICC or whatever they are called nowadays, have provided me with some weird sized old terminations in the past. Mind you I had to make my own crimper to fit . If i remember correctly one of the pots was the size of an egg cup!

I found a conversion chart online. Need the Gland and pot from 1H95 and then the pot seal from 4L10.

Just thinking what diameter bar I need to start with to make a T bar for it. Or just to go all the way winding it off with cutters

BICC.....

"In 1999 the ailing BICC sold its optical cables business to Corning and power cables businesses to General Cable Corporation,[4] which subsequently sold on parts to Pirelli.

Closure of part the Erith works by Pirelli was announced in 2002, with production of oil-filled cable transferred to their Eastleigh works in Hampshire.[5] Pirelli subsequently sold off their cable operations, now known as Prysmian.

BICC also owned construction company Balfour Beatty and, following sale of its cable operations, the Company renamed itself Balfour Beatty in 2000.[6]

The BICC name still survives in 2010 at the General Cable owned BICC Egypt; a power-cable plant near Cairo"

Part of the steady decline of this country......

john....

I found a conversion chart online. Need the Gland and pot from 1H95 and then the pot seal from 4L10.

Just thinking what diameter bar I need to start with to make a T bar for it. Or just to go all the way winding it off with cutters
I reckon a bit of 8mm bar would suffice

Biggest stuff i have kicking around is 7l 1.5 complete sets

Just not really helping, sorry