AV people

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avinalarf

Reaction score
Hi all

I've run cables for an AV system in my own home. We got the system designed by an AV company and I did all the cabling to save a bit of money. All cabling goes to a small room where sky dish/dvd/amp/music centre etc will be placed.

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone knew of any individuals around East Anglia who work on a freelance basis and would be willing to work with me on my home project. Ideas of daily rates would be handy - I believe it's around

check out avforums.com as they have a custom installers section that, I'm sure, will contain people who will help you find what you are looking for.

Ian.

check out avforums.com as they have a custom installers section that, I'm sure, will contain people who will help you find what you are looking for.Ian.
Concur with Ian on that I use it a fair bit and there is some good advice on there. You will get the odd SI that is up his own u know about the systems he sells is the best blah blah. but on the whole a good forum.

One tip they do get a hell of a lot of traffic so if your getting no answer to your question don't be affraid to bump it to get back up near the top:D

I'm in the process of tackling this lot for a friend of mine

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu178/robojin/IMG_0135.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu178/robojin/IMG_0137.jpg

Something in the order of 60 cables to dress into some nice wall cabs I've found

So will end up with music in 4 zones controlled via each zone, Media Centre, Nas, Ethernet in most rooms, XBox, PS3, and has Cat6 in place for HDMI over IP, AV amp with 5.1 oh and broadband

That said the tech is moving so fast that, it would have been more flexible had the 4 Zone been run in Cat5e

So if you wish to expand on what cables you have routed, possibly some of the kit I've earmarked might suite you too!!

Latest posts