B&Q C/U

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a review on here about these ced consumer units I think done by noz or mr107 and the general concencus was the threads strips quite easily. Hth

Sorry that was ced not general electric. Prob the same cheap stuff

Badge , I've been a Starbreaker fan for years but the recall has put me off Crabtree (although Starbreakers were not affected) Steeple was (made by Crabtree) .

The insulated busbar is great but I feel now that MK is more flexible . The enclosure is more rigid than most, so less likely to distort. If you buy a 5/5 Starbreaker you're stuck with it (on the day anyway) Mk , you can cut the bar to 8/2 if you wish .

Plus MK's adverts are trumpeting that 90% of products are made in UK .

On the B& Q stuff, if they carry the relevent BS & Euro standards then we have to presume they are OK . Just like we did with Crabtree / Wylex/ Steeple !!! At

Fitted one of the General electric last year and put a thread on here about it, was so impressed for the money I bought another 6 of them and have had no problems with them, I also like the gloss plastic they use on them.

Got all the BS marks so must be ok for

I think the cheap makes may cause problems. I tried a TD line RCBO board because i can't get a really good deal on these. First one i fitted managed to strip the thread on one of the neutral screws which held the main neutral cable. i generally use MK or Hager main switch boards and never had this happen on them. I think you pay the price and get what you pay.