Baby Sparky question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'VE GOT IT !!!!

Maybe he ran out of conduit and rather than have the wires exposed, he put that useless box there instead LOL

See,,,,,, I am learning after all !

Good a guess as any. I would not expect him to have put an accessory there on that circuit as I would have thought there would have been a bit more 'slack' in the unused box.

Well I cant see anything that would say there WAS a double sleeved CPC!!! is that an assumption?, to me it appears as though there may even be one missing without further investigation

Well I cant see anything that would say there WAS a double sleeved CPC!!! is that an assumption?, to me it appears as though there may even be one missing without further investigation
You clearly are not looking hard enough.

You clearly are not looking hard enough.
Do you mean two CPC's in one sleeve, if so, I must be going blind - I can't see that at all - I just see two Sleeves - no sign of copper!!

Hi TomEvans can you do us a favour and check inside that earth sleeving and check if there is 1 or 2 cpc's inside. Just to settle this LOL :)

There are 2. Look at the way the one on the left is. Its easy to see its full of cpc's. Also if you look at the other you will notice that the spark has covered it as much as he can so why would the right bottom cable's cpc jut sharply to the left unsheathed? Twisted with the one next to it maybe?

He's put the other box on because his trunking's are not vertically in line and he had cut hole in the pattress box before reaslising it wouldn't meet his trunking..

So cuts a wider hole to accommodate the "dog-leg" effect..

then bang another pattress to hide the gaps in the one he cut wrong previoiusly!.......

If not must be cuz he had cheese for lunch and his brain threw a wobbler cuz he's allergic to cheese!!!?

Wet Fish:C:coat

It looks like they were put up at different times or by different people from the screws into the wall.

You're correct Ian. The spur supplies the conserv and the outside socket which was erected about 3 yrs after the house was built apparently. I must say I like Special Location's theory.

Here the pic that Matty wanted......it speaks for itself !!!!
Ahh - thats it - I have not had this picture previously - now all is clear - I can cancel that opticians appointment!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phew

Damn. I would have put money on them being swisted at least in the accessory. I think I may have done a dis-service to the spark.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:53 ----------

Assume power was off?

Is it just me who can see 2 black cables and 3 red cables in the back of that socket? ?:|

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was made at 12:59 ----------

What is the rating of that MCB? I ask because I am trying to decide if this is really a spur or actually a radial circuit!

An outside socket does need an RCD. Some sockets have them built in.
Shoulda gone to Specsavers !! :red card