Banned breed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and,

Jack Russells were also bred to kill,

did you know, bred by a minster of the cloth too,,,,,,,,,    :eek:
I said bred to fight. Not kill. They were bred to fight other dogs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack Russells are fighters, I hadn't appreciated this before getting one. I think this is why Ruby sees all other fighting breeds as a threat, fortunately most of the fighting breeds are well loved and soft big dogs that think she is funny.

Grey hounds can be quite assertive too, but again they were bred to kill rabbits, so see Jack Russells as prey.....

Rottweilers were bred to work. They were used to heard sheep and pull meat to market. There tail was docked so it did not get in the meat in the cart they were pulling. Apparently the butcher would keep the money around the dog's neck. Who would steel it?  They have one of the most powerful bites. 

He is the git. Only 1. 

image.jpeg

Rottweilers were bred to work. They were used to heard sheep and pull meat to market. There tail was docked so it did not get in the meat in the cart they were pulling. Apparently the butcher would keep the money around the dog's neck. Who would steel it?  They have one of the most powerful bites. 

He is the git. Only 1. 

View attachment 6969

Adorable!

(I was gonna have an early night, but cute dog pictures are seriously distracting!)

He is the git. Only 1. 

View attachment 6969

He's a handsome looking boy but I can't tell if he's smiling or snarling.... or maybe both at the same time. :)

He is the git. Only 1. 

View attachment 6969
He has turned into a beautiful dog . I bet you are proud of him. :Applaud

I know a South African lad who's mad on Staffies. He told a story of the garden boy coming to him one day saying "Boss, the dog's caught a rat!". When he finally went to look he said the rat was nigh on half as big as a dog. Cane rat or something. The boy asked if he could take it home (to eat).

I had a flat coated retriever. Marvellous thing and loved water as it was part otter  :innocent

Now I want a big Alsation or Belgian Malinois.

The ONLY dog I've ever been bitten by was a chihuahua.....TWICE. 

One of the best dogs I ever had was a rescue pup I rescued myself from a guy with bad intent. It was an American Pit Bull cross Neapolitan Mastiff.

He was very good with my children when they were young, and played with other dogs contrary to what he was supposed to do.

However, if any one came close to any family member he was very defensive.

I knew that he could kill, but he was fully trained and loved, he did require special treatment though, I never left him with people he did not know, never with the children alone, and I was always on point in case he decided to have a go.

Only trouble was when out walking he hated every other dog he could see.

image.jpeg

I used to live with these two up until about 6 months ago. They belong to my old housemate and I really miss them. Sadly I can't have a dog in the flat where I am now, and with the hours me and my other half work it would be left for far too long on it's own :(  

The first two months without them was really odd as I had to pick up any bits of food that happened to fall on the floor in the kitchen. And Chip (the dalmatian) is really old and doesn't move very fast (or at all really) so I was used to constantly tripping over him :D  

image.jpeg

Cane rats are pretty big by UK rat standards, they grow to the size of a small Staffie in some areas. They're not eaten so much in SA maybe because they're not very prevalent here due to farmers killing them on sight I'd guess but they're often on the menu when I go to Mozambique and it's actually damn good meat.

I've also been bitten by a Chihuahua and it hurt my fingers far less than it hurt my pride. I think the fact they're butt ugly just makes them bitter.

Here's one more photo for the hell of it;

Wuti6.jpg