Banned breed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That cat is definitely a superior beast. They move in and take over.

This guy (Garfield) was booted out in the winter some four years ago  by stupid PITA neighbour   .  We eventually found him a good home in Lichfield as our Westie is not a great fan of cats.

PB160012.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Zaldy_zpsda69a3bc.jpg.947ea35512cc555ab223c8836c249677.jpg

There was a old thread alert but some threads are worth a bump.

The savage guard beast is getting old bless him, he's 11 or 12 years now and he's gone grey and deaf as a post. His chest which has always been bad is progressively getting worse and he's started losing weight recently....😟

Looking on the bright side he's still a very sweet boy and seems to enjoy life although he sleeps a lot more nowadays....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

There was a old thread alert but some threads are worth a bump.

The savage guard beast is getting old bless him, he's 11 or 12 years now and he's gone grey and deaf as a post. His chest which has always been bad is progressively getting worse and he's started losing weight recently....😟

Looking on the bright side he's still a very sweet boy and seems to enjoy life although he sleeps a lot more nowadays....

View attachment 9935

View attachment 9936

View attachment 9937
For your information, I am going deaf, I'm not completely deaf, yet, What hair I have left is grey, as is the hair on my chest, and I've never been particularly sweet, ask Tony. Oh sorry, I just read the description and assumed you were talking about me, lol.

The dog looks happy enough, and as for sleeping more, well, I do that myself so I can't blame him for that, it's one of those things when you get to a certain age you've seen most of it, and probably done most of it,so he's got very little to get excited about, it's like chasing women, I'd probably have a cardiac chasing one now, and if I did catch one I'd probably forget why I was chasing it in the first place. lol. Go out and get the old lad a nice steak and a beer, then give him the steak and drink the beer yourself. All the best mate take care, Phil

@Sidewinder

i think the one on the left was fast asleep next to me the other night

View attachment 9939
Reminds me of the old joke, "I've never been to bed with a dog in my life, but I've woke up with a few". There's nothing like lying there half asleep, you smell a horrible breath on your face, followed by a sloppy wet tongue, then you realise the dog is on the bed. lol

A sad update. Unfortunately Wutos's chest got progressively worse not long after I made the last post in this thread. He started getting distressed with his breathing and I had no choice but to take him for his final drive to the vet from which he never returned home. The entire family and many other people who knew him were devastated and I've got tears even a year and a half later as I type this. He was a great dog, a true member of our family and we we all feel very privilaged to have had him with us for the time we did and miss him sorely.

I don't know why we keep doing it when we know how traumatic it is when they pass away...but we do. We had no pets for about 5 months after Wutos left us but even after the initial sadness there was a still a hole in the family and we decided to get another dog. We went to the local pitbull rescue and decided on another male who was very introverted. He'd been rescued from a remote farm where he'd been tied up in an out building, beaten, starved and used as a bait dog by the type of sub humans that train fighting dogs for sport. He had open sores, many scars and was starving when they rescued him. He's had his ups and downs but he's come a long way since then. I'll probably start a new thread for him when I've got time and post a few pictures.