bathroom circuits

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on the subject of bathrooms i have a question on supplementary bonding were would you bond in this bathroom so it does not look unsightly . ???
3675814525_ce4010af7d.jpg
3675818363_4d3274618e.jpg
you win.

and did you someone travel back in time to post this?

and is that the feet of a dead person?

you win.and did you someone travel back in time to post this?

and is that the feet of a dead person?
If it is, it must be a three legged person.

ud have thought welsh wiz would have tidied up the bathroom before letting the electrician in. :^O :^O:^O:coat
Sorry Guv', It was an Emergency call-out, or I would have thrown it all in the bedroom. :^O

Doctor I am very much in agreement with you, the additional protection provided by a RCD on a selv circuit would be pointless.

However the rules need changing or an agreement to allow us to put it as a deviation from the regs, without some smart ass electrician who comes after you telling the circuit police.

My last assesment had a 12v fan and lighting in the bathroom, no RCD the assessor was ok with that but advised me to just comply with the regs until it was changed.

The supply cable ran up the height of the house in metal conduit so the 50mm rule never came in to it.

The shower was RCD protected.

The Doctor,

I agree that a surface wired circuit to a 12v downlight in a bathroom would not 'require' an RCD as it of no benefit as such. A look on the Electrical Safety Council website indicates this is to be addressed in upcoming ammendments to BS7671. However 'as it stands' it is required for compliance.

I suppose it could be argued though, in the case of surface wiring, you have a valid reason for non compliance (deviation). Just hope common sense can prevail.

if you do not rcd the circuit you will need to supplementary bond all the circuits together

the lights may be out of the zone or location, 12v and selv but how about the pullswitch that wont be 12v

am i correct in thinking 7671 covers more than mains voltage cabling as it stands i would have to RCD speaker and alarm cable????????????????