BDC in administration

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many ex-bdc staff past and present have been badly treated by the previously senior management teams and more recent senior management teams. It is obvious that those ex members of staff have been badly affected by this. Their opinions shown through this thread are their ways of showing and dealing with the frustrations which they carried over those times.'YES' they do want people to know what it was like and they are entitled to their opinions!

The staff who really cared for the business and the customers, were those who were affected most and I hope that they all find employment with other companies who really care about the staff and the business.

In my personal experience the company senior management (BDC) expected the trade (Electricians, Wholesalers & Retailers) to buy from them without really giving them any good reasons for doing so. They were not competive generally..... stock availability was always an issue and general customer service was way below what most would even tolerate.

I find no reasons except for desperation that anyone in their right frame of mind would wish to buy from them and also from the 'Phoenix from the flames' (BDC2008 Ltd) as those involved are only truthful to themselves, as previous years have proved.

There are plenty of excellent sources of supply for the trade and I will be telling everyone involved who and where they are, if they don't know already. We do not need a company like this with the obvious problems and baggage they carry. I hope the old MD has been keeping in touch via this thread or other threads and can at last understand that his failures were created by his top tier of Directors (without names mentioned). But he was the MD and he should of known what truths or lies they had been feeding him with.

I feel this thread will be drawing to a close sooner rather than later, so again Lets all move on and enjoy our lives and business and let the fools screw up their own lives!
Well said Paula D-good stuff-agree with all that

Does anyone really think that [* unnamed persons *] would really care enough to read this thread?

I haven't read right through this thread, not having worked for BDC I'm not that interested interested, but I do hope those that are out of work find work in the near future.What I did come on to post was the following reminder to you who are disgruntled ex-BDC staff;

That if you slander somebody on line using their name you or the forum host or isp may be held accountable in court.

Something along that line so my brother says.
Scary !

But everyones using code on here matey so I can't see anyone going to court. And an isp from an internet cafe may be difficult to sue !

Nice to see some positive conversation going on and lets not forget that a lot of suppliers and service providers to the business have suffered to and will have a difficult start to 2009 as a result of it.

i see a member of BDC 2008 is watching

your company is taking a lot of abuse

What's your view, seeing though you were part of old and new

i see a member of BDC 2008 is watchingyour company is taking a lot of abuse

What's your view, seeing though you were part of old and new
Oh Goody, Story time !

I don't think any of them have the bottle to admit that they're part of BDC2008 !PS I thought thewatcher was part of the new company???
No, sorry you got that wrong, but i don't share the same opinion as many on this site, i dont blame the people who started new BDC and kept some people in jobs, i blame the board, there isn't anyone else who could change things, opnions were given, opinions were ignored, unfortuantely it seems certain people are being blamed for it.

That i can't agree with, i was there for a long time, had to be part of the meetings with all staff where administrators promised us certain things which never appeared.

Good luck to them and the staff , pity those who cannot see the truth

:|

I don't think any of them have the bottle to admit that they're part of BDC2008 !PS I thought thewatcher was part of the new company???
A successful Brand Director, a highly motivational and inspirational former Regional Manager and a strategically dynamic Ops Director are all keeping a dignified silence and getting on with the business of running a company. wouldnt think any of them would lower themselves to this bellyaching.

No, sorry you got that wrong, but i don't share the same opinion as many on this site, i dont blame the people who started new BDC and kept some people in jobs, i blame the board, there isn't anyone else who could change things, opnions were given, opinions were ignored, unfortuantely it seems certain people are being blamed for it.That i can't agree with, i was there for a long time, had to be part of the meetings with all staff where administrators promised us certain things which never appeared.

Good luck to them and the staff , pity those who cannot see the truth

:|
och aye. none of them pulled the wool over anyones eyes, lied to protect their own existance, backstabbed anyone to progress their own means or courted favourtism in order to get what they wanted at the expense of the good of the business. bloomin 3 white angels the lot of them.

never heard such rubbish. these were decision makers in the business and they fought, scratched and sniped amongst each other for years. they had the position and status, but not one of them had the balls needed to make a stand if they didnt agree with the company direction. this is what good leadership is about. they were as culpible as much as jds, except its easier to just blame him.

och aye. none of them pulled the wool over anyones eyes, lied to protect their own existance, backstabbed anyone to progress their own means or courted favourtism in order to get what they wanted at the expense of the good of the business. bloomin 3 white angels the lot of them.never heard such rubbish. these were decision makers in the business and they fought, scratched and sniped amongst each other for years. they had the position and status, but not one of them had the balls needed to make a stand if they didnt agree with the company direction. this is what good leadership is about. they were as culpible as much as jds, except its easier to just blame him.
you know very little, i wasn't blaming just one man

enjoy your anger

you know very little, i wasn't blaming just one manenjoy your anger
or pity :x :x:x

anger is non productive and generates disorganised responses. subjective views with a level of organised analysis however, are normally a result of controlled emotions such as pity. very good to blame the administrators. of course they were totally responsible for the poor buying, inadequate stock levels, rubbish customer service, lack of sales skills, poor distribution and endless waiting at the counters. i would suggest the commerical and operational managment of the business may have had a bit more to do with it than the consultants or administrators. this business was already doomed long before either got involved.

how little YOU know.

or pity :x :x:xanger is non productive and generates disorganised responses. subjective views with a level of organised analysis however, are normally a result of controlled emotions such as pity. very good to blame the administrators. of course they were totally responsible for the poor buying, inadequate stock levels, rubbish customer service, lack of sales skills, poor distribution and endless waiting at the counters. i would suggest the commerical and operational managment of the business may have had a bit more to do with it than the consultants or administrators. this business was already doomed long before either got involved.

how little YOU know.
That tells me you know lees that i thought, not blaming admistrators, company was gone at that point but they made promises they didn't keep or couldn't keep. I agree with poor stocks, poor service, lack of skills but STILL cannot and will not agree to accusations. I don't think you sat in meeting after meeting before it all ended and put your views across, views that were ignored.

Hey Bluerondo

What's happening tonight, anymore gossip. seems like a dust up going on.

Have you needed to defend the honour of the North yet ?

See theres stuff about plastic scousers or something, are we talking about [* unnamed persons *] ? agree with what you said about him,. Bloody useless.

That tells me you know lees that i thought, not blaming admistrators, company was gone at that point but they made promises they didn't keep or couldn't keep. I agree with poor stocks, poor service, lack of skills but STILL cannot and will not agree to accusations. I don't think you sat in meeting after meeting before it all ended and put your views across, views that were ignored.
hmmm, looks like we've found the anger ! lol:D:D:D

5ft nothing and fat

You've seen my lash then.Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley:^O:^O:^O:^O

Let`s keep this thread on track and keep the insults for the playground.

Status
Not open for further replies.