Big brother

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an urban myth that the TV detector vans had no equipment inside , just a dummy ariel on the roof. They turn up at your address because their records show there is no licence.

Wonder if it is true.

i like buying a new tv and they send your details to the tv licencing peopleit shows up that i dont have a tv licence for the property

but the good lady does !!!!!

i love all the threatening letters,,,,, go on go for it....

but they dont as it is all automated.....which leads me to believe its all scare tactics
wonder how much of licence payers money is spent sending letters to those who already have a licence. just goes to show much of a great system it is - its able to check the name and see if they have a licence, but ignores that its sending a letter of no licence to an address with a licence

Do you get hounded by the TV licence people , I have a customer who does, they don't believe he has no TV. They threaten him with court action ,he says OK, suits me, then nothing ever happens. Till next year.Deke
Oh yes, & to see their faces when I invite them in & say, if you can find a tv set I will gladly pay for the licence.

I send their demands back with a bill of

I wont as I dont have a T.V. Thank god.
I can't believe that anybody can live without a TV? :| . If I didn't have a TV I would have talk to the girlfriend all night:| I think I'll stick with the TV:x

Don't you need a license if you have anything that could receive TV signals or broadcasts,, that includes video players that have tuners (even if you have no aerial), and PC's with internet connection..

Didn't the TV license include radio????

Don't you need a license if you have anything that could receive TV signals or broadcasts,, that includes video players that have tuners (even if you have no aerial), and PC's with internet connection..Didn't the TV license include radio????
you have to pay extra for listening to the radio now if more than one person listens to it.

you have to pay extra for listening to the radio now if more than one person listens to it.
But if you are Jewsish you can apply for 1/7th back as you can't listen on the Sabbath..............

X(

But if you are Jewsish you can apply for 1/7th back as you can't listen on the Sabbath.............. X(
You heard that one as well on the news, about the Jewish couple suing someone because the lights come on by motion sensor during their sabbath which is against their religion. What the hall is the world coming to.

Just doing a few small jobs for a guy moving into a flat over a shop by me.He hasn't moved in yet, He has two beds, no cooker , he,s decorating it out, brought the TV set from where he lives now, no ariel as yet, set is facing the wall in a corner.

Had a threatening letter from the license dept. and two actual visits from them.

Pity they are not more like that on illeagle immigration !!!
And the millions driving around with no insurance and tax that you have to pay extra for.

He has a license for existing place ,has carted the TV set to this flat and stuck it in a corner, no ariel, not plugged in, hasn't moved in yet. Talk about living in a police state with them knocking his door !!! Firkin 'eck !!