bit of help?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkss

DNO Jointer
Reaction score
ive began to dislike the area i work in now, good pay but im still only young dont get enough enjoyment out of it,

so im looking for some pointers :D

i want to move into events work be it lighting onsite electrics ect

struggleing to even find any companys that do this work? im not even sure what they would be called?

have sent emails to the big venues to ask who they use but im not holding out on them.

i have my:

2330 level 2

and soon to have

2356 + NVQ level 3

Electricity work regs 1989

HSAW 1974 regs

LV/MV (upto 11Kv) sub access in central networks area

this is all without my past work that i have done and DNO work

so any ideas where to start guys ?

Pray

event work is what i do... do u have any experiance is the industry... or have u worked with gennies much...?

most companies will request experiance as it is a fast moving pace...

none at all, im still old enough (well young enough) to join the youth theatre in birmingham and train as a tech, im think im goingto do that to get a first step into things, ive worked on mainly distrabution and house bashing the closest ive come to a gennie is plugging the kettle in at work :p but i do understand then ect

Good luck Sparkss, If it's a direction you feel you would develop your skills and knowledge, then where is the harm in taking the plunge? You will always have your existing training and experience to fall back on if things got tight!