Blackberry phones and headaches

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green-hornet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a blackberry 8900 curve today.

I was hoping to install easycert pda on this so I could do my certs on-site and download to pc when I got home.

However I think I have one of them demon phones of femail persuasion, you know the ones looks great but stubborn as hell.

If anyone knows why when connected to pc by usb the easycert program does not detect a connected devise, please helpX(

Doesn't the Blackberry use active sync? Do you have that installed as it may use a process within activesync to download...

My 2 pence :p

Use the disc supplied with the Blackberry on to your pc, and take it from there not much help but mine is loaded on a other machine,I use I [iphone now)there will be an application put onto your pc.

It will work as I still use the Blackberry for work and I phone for private.

I'd beinterested to see if this works. I thought it only worked on windows mobile phones. I've got a Blackberry Bold and if you can get it going on yours I'll have a go.

I will have to phone Tysoft and see if they can do anything to get it on the Blackberry.

You know that advert should have gone to specsavers?

Well I should have gone to i phone :)

The applications are brilliant, I installed the server on my pc so I can control up to 50 phones, with meeting notes, e-mail and the like.

Only problem is I am the only user of a blackberry!! lol lol lol @me.

So now I just put notes on my pc to remind me to look at my pc.

I will let you know how I get on, but I am tempted by the i-phone tbh.

Ok I have had an update for you regarding easycert mobile.

Support very quickly answered my question and gave this reply.

"Unfortunately our software is not compatible with Blackberry PDA devices. Our software is only compatible with Windows Mobile based PDA devices, normally Windows Mobile 5 or Windows Mobile 6."

So I guess its back to the drawing board for me.