Bloody plasterers ARGHHH

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choccy

Reaction score
Evening all just home from work tonight and get a call back out to a job ( 70 miles round trip ) that I was at on monday, customer complaining that no power to sockets and heating spur.

So back out I go and get there to find that livingroom plastered and spur is full of wet plaster so rcbo tripping. Changed spur problem solved.

Plasterers PL***ERS dont care about anything but themselves.

Back home and time for a ran't. :red card

I'm confused.

Had you second fixed it before the plastering? Has he plastered around the sockets?

Where abouts are you. I though it was only us in the Highlands that travelled insane distances to do jobs.

70 mile round trip is a local job mate!
70 miles is a holiday!!!!

a whole bunch of my customers are within a 5 mile radius...

Over 50% within a 10 mile radius...

Probably only 5% are more than 25+ miles away..

I could probably walk to over 25% of my customers.... :D

But not carry me tools and ladders as well! ]:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by Doc Hudson; 15th December 2011 at 11:30. Reason: circumvent swear filter comment removed.
Uh-oh, naughty naughty Specs
B2.gif
:slap

I am doing a 120 mile (approx) round trip to one of my customers tomorrow, one of Her Majesties "Hotels" to do some machine works.

Got to be there for 08:30 so after the day I have had it is off to bed!

So I have a conversation with some one, This person currently has a double and a single s/o, I suggest adding a new double, renewing the double, and converting the single to a double. I have said that I need to get under the floorboards of the bedroom to finish first fixing. She then says that I would have to work around her because of the amount of upheaval caused. No Problem Me thinks, she is now phoning the plasterer to get him booked. I am not a happy chappy, as I could use this job as part of My Part P appraisal. She talks about doing things properly, but in a rush cuts corners. Why do plasterers always get thought of before we do? The customer - My own mum.

Luckily for me, i'm a plasterer, 24 years in that game, so sometimes, like a recent garage conversion i did, i do first fix electrics, then the plastering, then 2nd fix electrics. The electrician (me) always curls up the cables in the backbox for the plasterer (me), so the feather edge just glides along the wall when plastering, the plasterer never looses any sockets and always neatly cuts them out for the electrician. Lovely, they get on so well.

Recent job on link below

https://www.facebook.com/pages/PK-Electrical-and-Plastering/319201151424286?sk=wall&filter=1

Paul.

Thanks Paul,

I love pics like that - Before, during and after.

I did that for my Brother, when he bought a house, gutted it, and re-did it himself (except for the Platering, Gas and Water).

At the time he wasn't keen, he soon realised I was right, after he did it. :)

PS. Paul. Why not add them to our "Your Pictures" forum?

Or make a Photo album on here with them.

(and any others).

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was made at 17:10 ----------

It is when they argue, I'd worry, Noz. Or when they start answering each other. :)

wonder what happens if they drink the others beer by mistake?bet they both end up with big shiners.!

:slap
They/me don't drink alcohol.

Paul.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was made at 17:49 ----------

PS. Paul. Why not add them to our "Your Pictures" forum?Or make a Photo album on here with them.
Yeah i'll do that when i've got 5 mins.

Thanks for everyone showing an interest.

Paul.