Board change with economy 7

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are going with all RCBOs then just use an Enclosure big enough for ALL the circuits, install 2 Main switches and fit two Busbars.Most boads already have split load option N bar, so really you just make up you own Unit.

Did one recently using Metal Clad Enclosure as the existing suppy to the Flat was a 4 Core SWA 2 cores 24 Hour supply and 2 Cores Off peak.

Used Control gear BASIC range from Denmans
OK so for instance I could use a 10 way split con household circuits on 1 side on other side replace the RCD with a main switch and feed the E7 tails into that feeding the fuses that sound right?

OK so for instance I could use a 10 way split con household circuits on 1 side on other side replace the RCD with a main switch and feed the E7 tails into that feeding the fuses that sound right?
warnings about dual supply too ;)

Yup sounds good

Is it necessary to put the NSH on RCD or RCBO's at all? I would say that 80% of NSH installs that i have seen are usually either trunked or are sat on top of skirting so no RCD or RCBO would be required.

if surface i suppose but seen lots of installed from new tho so buried <50mm.regardless of that tho big old chunk of metal those nsh lots of leaning on them i guess and will be getting old and god forbid a bad earthed casing and a fault! ?????