boilers and minor works Certs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
safe, if you are with NIC then you can print off a 'cert' to fill in then return to the office for them to have the info to register the job with NIC on the website,

thats how we used to do it with my previous firm.

Steve, I'm a little confused, are you referring to the notification to your body, (NIC, Nappit, BSA etc) when you say Part P. As I'm sure you know Part P is a building Reg and nothing else. You can't notify Part P, you can't sign a Part P you can simply comply with Part P.
You notify local buildings control by submitting a Part P declaration through your body, i.e NICIC, Napit, in turn on this declaration it asks for the relevant installation/minor certificate number and the certificate asks for the notification reference number.

When you have your annual assessment the notifiable submissions will be checked against the certificates and visa versa.

I like that quote about swetty lol

I agree with you there pro. I'm a student my self the great difficulty is whilst being in collage learning all the theory and little workshop practise, the real skills should be obtained from being out on site working and learning from someone like your self of that caliber but with no apprenticeships going your left with no other option but to continue down the collage route till your fully qualified and then get a job where your learning for an additional 4 to 5 years. How is the industry supposed to improve the quality of new sparks when there is no placements for apprentices to learn both the theory in collage and experience from a good electrician out on site. The experience of learning with a competent electrician is like gold dust these days.