Broken testers??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maselec

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My mate and I are currently subbying on a decent sized site. Typical industrial unit with offices at the back. We've been brought on as testers and are currently carrying out dead testing. We both have Meggar MFT 1502/2 testers which, after 2 years of use have suddenly developed problems. Both testers refused to test within a couple of hours of each other, giving the low battery symbol and a beep. After changing the batteries we found the same thing happening 2 days later, on BOTH testers. One of the sparks on site has said that these testers go through batteries like no tommorow and that when live testing they use the voltage present rather than the batteries which is why they are not lasting on dead testing. I must also confess I am a sod for leaving it on until it switches itself off, however I've never had this problem until this week and neither has my mate. Any ideas or am I looking at repairs?

Cheers

Thanks for replies everyone, I have stocked up on batteries and all seems fine now.

Turns out that on my mates tester his inline fuse had blown, which added to the general confusion, as we were both without user guides at the time. A copy of mine has now gone in the van permanently.

Cheers.