building control

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doh!!!does that mean I can't whack him round the chops with a big wet haddock then??? :_| :_| ]:)
I woz gutted.I were really looking forward to the fight. ]:)

my sister-in-laws boyfriend told me to calm down before the meeting as we still needed the job signing off:_|

When part P came out, I had to go to my local authority and give them my certificates so they could keep me on record.

I told them that I had signed up to the competant persons scheme with the niceic.

They allowed me to do my assesment without pre-notification and accepted my first two certificates as compliance.

Building control in my area only do a one day course, so you could say they rely on the work being carried out in accordance with your reglatary body.

I put in a tender or quote for a school , the contracter who got the job used no cable management, used 2.5 twin and earth for sockets on two circuits(there are a total of 47 sockets) clipped directly to the ceiling joists, and the longest out run and return is 35M.

there are a total of 42 lighting points and all wired on a single phase!!.

My quote requested a three phase supply, all cables to be at least lsf, 4mm for sockets because of voltage drop and future additions in trunking, 2.5 lsf for the lighting circuit split between the three phases to avoid harmonics etc.

The building control will accept the certificate from this contractor because he relies on the contractor doing the job right, and has no knowledge of the regulations or what each measurement actually means.

The fact that he has two out legs of 35 meters in 2.5 and under 300 mm of insulation down to 12 sockets and only two 32 amp circuits controling 47 sockets is immaterial.

Has mettalica said in a song sad but true