Business is Drying up

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope things pick up for you exto m8........................bench work ........... just the thought of going back to that, I feel for you my freind I realy do.
Sorry M107, I missed this last night.

It's not as bad as it sounds, I'm having quite a laugh at this job, but cetainly not about the money I'm being paid.

I wish some of the trdesman were as pleasant as the people I'm working with now....

; \

Hi guys, yes it is getting bad.

I have even been doing agency work doing anything & everything........ But today I had an interview for maintenance electrician at a packaging company down here, guess what............... I start @ 9am tomorrow. :D

I did'nt want to say anything about it as the last time I did mention it I did'nt get the last one that I went for, anyways it's a good company with a good work ethic & my starting wage will be

You know what this means dont you?

I can finally make my donation to the best electrical forum in the UK.

Will do it next week mate.

You know what this means dont you?I can finally make my donation to the best electrical forum in the UK.

Will do it next week mate.
My boys will come round and collect it personally.

The Godfather.

Don Vito, I am a man of my word there honestly will be no need for your boys to pay me a visit. :)

Aww Bless you Nige. Make sure you are on your feet first, Sir.

It makes it all worthwhile just looking at the comments you come out with. :x

Having heard the news today, regarding the forthcoming recession and 2 million unemployed (by 2011), I sincerely hope they are wrong.

I wish the media would stop all this scare mongering, they simply perpetuate the economic downturn.

The Godfather

Having heard the news today, regarding the forthcoming recession and 2 million unemployed (by 2011), I sincerely hope they are wrong.I wish the media would stop all this scare mongering, they simply perpetuate the economic downturn.

The Godfather
Seconded. B******s. X( :(

Sorry for the bad language people, the media just wind me up of late. :x

First day in my new job was all in all a very good day, I have my own workshop stocked with more kit than I have ever seen.

Nice easy start, induction @ 09:00 hrs till 11:30 hrs, then given the keys to the workshop & a checklist for all the kit, only a few things missing.

Fluke Ir scope, 1 fluke meter & huge Hilti sds drill.

Done a few urgent elec repairs, then built a rolling table for the shop floor.

Tomorrow I am moving the smoking shelter away from the building.

I cannot express to you all how happy I am to be doing something productive that uses my brain & skills again.

Thankyou all for your kind words & encouragement. :)

First day in my new job was all in all a very good day, I have my own workshop stocked with more kit than I have ever seen.Nice easy start, induction @ 09:00 hrs till 11:30 hrs, then given the keys to the workshop & a checklist for all the kit, only a few things missing.

Fluke Ir scope, 1 fluke meter & huge Hilti sds drill.

Done a few urgent elec repairs, then built a rolling table for the shop floor.

Tomorrow I am moving the smoking shelter away from the building.

I cannot express to you all how happy I am to be doing something productive that uses my brain & skills again.

Thankyou all for your kind words & encouragement. :)
(Sounds like the bees knees that job)

Good for you M8...

B-)

Business has really dried up for me - especially the last 4 weeks! The phone has completely stopped ringing :| I've only had a few small jobs come through from past customers.

I'm advertised in the yellow pages, on yell.com, van signwritten, in newsagent windows, done leaflet drops but i'm not getting any new calls. The only other thing i can think of now is to send all the builders in the area my details in the post and hope that one might have some work.

I'd say i'm down to about 2/3 weeks max and if it dont pick up i'm packing up and going back to work for a company :(

My friend is in the same boat, but hes gonna hold out a bit longer than i am. Times are tough!

Experience,

You have done a lot of things there, regarding advertising. Have you dropped anything into your local Estate Agents / Rental management companies?

Experience,You have done a lot of things there, regarding advertising. Have you dropped anything into your local Estate Agents / Rental management companies?
that is where i get my 'keeps me going' work from

have you tried agency work ????

i have had three companies phone last week wanting to get me on site

Business has really dried up for me - especially the last 4 weeks! The phone has completely stopped ringing :| I've only had a few small jobs come through from past customers. I'm advertised in the yellow pages, on yell.com, van signwritten, in newsagent windows, done leaflet drops but i'm not getting any new calls. The only other thing i can think of now is to send all the builders in the area my details in the post and hope that one might have some work.

I'd say i'm down to about 2/3 weeks max and if it dont pick up i'm packing up and going back to work for a company :(

My friend is in the same boat, but hes gonna hold out a bit longer than i am. Times are tough!
What area are you in M8....?

(And all the small jobs for me have completely gone... but I still have several big jobs pending)

Kev