Business is Drying up

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a quite week so decided to temp....

Went to Swindon council to test for them on thier empty propertys, not one of thier electricians has the 17th edition they are still testing and installing to 16th but they have NICIEC aproved status...........

Hummmm diffrent standards i think (goverment)

I have 17th and 2391-01 and 2291-02 was the most qualified there

Had a quite week so decided to temp....Went to Swindon council to test for them on thier empty propertys, not one of thier electricians has the 17th edition they are still testing and installing to 16th but they have NICIEC aproved status...........

Hummmm diffrent standards i think (goverment)

I have 17th and 2391-01 and 2291-02 was the most qualified there
Forgot to say NICIEC wont let me use my 16th certs but why the hell can SCS (Swindon Comercial Services)

Because Councils have their own rules and make their own rules to suit themselves X(

So it's official, the recession is here.

I think many of us have known for some time, trading was going to get worse.

Don

Cheer up lads it's only money! :)
Quite correct, it is only money, but sadly it is the only common language that everyone seems to understand these days (It does pay the bills after all).

(Including my boys)

The Godfather

Meanwhile - I "appear" to be picking up again. Only a bit at the mo, but better than nowt!
Well as we know, business can be erratic for the self employed..

:( ; \ :eek: :| :D

Well as we know, business can be erratic for the self employed.. :( ; \ :eek: :| :D
Too true bud. Mind, August is ALWAYS iffy - kids off school, peeps on holiday - we`re usually quieter. I was concerned my telephone landline was faulty, `cos it hadn`t rung AT ALL, in over a week!!! :( :(

Too true bud. Mind, August is ALWAYS iffy - kids off school, peeps on holiday - we`re usually quieter. I was concerned my telephone landline was faulty, `cos it hadn`t rung AT ALL, in over a week!!! :( :(
Sales calls out number new enquiries for me.. :eek:

I seem to recall testing my phones on many occasion..

:D

Well the first week at work went really well, got loads of jobs that have been waiting to be done, done.

Plus one of my biggest clients phoned me up Fri afternoon to inform me that they have now taken over the second floor of thew building that they are in, this is in addition to the top floor. Both are huge and absoluetly loaded to the gunwhales with stuff to be tested.

Now I know a lot of you dont like PAT testing, but now this one originally was worth over

You sort yourself out first Nige. ;)

Glad you are enjoying it and can keep your business going too. :D

I am sorted mate, I have a good job & it looks like I can keep my business going too.

That & I have some good mates on the best electrical forum in the UK. :)

To me thats all I need, oh & my wife. (Better mention Sam as she often reads my posts on here when im not looking. :) )

Latest posts