Business name...????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Applaud SmileyThanks for the link to previous thread Apache.

yes it certainly makes sense to have a seperate account and I will now sort it out sooner rather than later.

Guiness DrinkHave one on me

Macca
Good man :^O

Have you seen KME's business thread? There's a tab on the Navbar at the top

Which I must update to admin, with the installment I wrote up a while ago........Can anyone give me about 10 more hours in every day? There simply aren`t enough!
If you find the way let me know :D

Which I must update to admin, with the installment I wrote up a while ago........Can anyone give me about 10 more hours in every day? There simply aren`t enough!
have you tried ebay someone is bound to by selling time:)

Stick a magnet on the back of your watch.. slow the hands down? :| :eek:

In short mate - don't! A business bank account doesn't take much opening. The banks need your business!See this thread

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1615

It makes most of the points about keeping money seperate, looking professional etc

Some banks won't allow you to use a personal acc for business

; \
True but you have to be squeaky clean to get a business account at the moment.

True but you have to be squeaky clean to get a business account at the moment.
Devil`s advocate maybe, but if you`re not "squeaky" enough to get a business a/c, Maybe you shouldn`t be running a business???

Having said that, the first two banks I approached refused accounts. After the third accepted, the other two offered accounts, and were told (politely), where to put their accounts!!!

Devil`s advocate maybe, but if you`re not "squeaky" enough to get a business a/c, Maybe you shouldn`t be running a business???Having said that, the first two banks I approached refused accounts. After the third accepted, the other two offered accounts, and were told (politely), where to put their accounts!!!
Does that mean you ain't squeaky enough M8?... Try better soap? :p :^O:^O

Guineas Pigs are good at Squeaking!..... and we keep ourselves clean! ; \ :) :D

I never imagined banks turing away business. Supose it depends what kind of risk you are?

Think they need the custom. They can't turn anyone away now every single tax payer is a shareholder. They are 'our' banks :|

I've just been through all this myself mate, name , new business acc etc.

as advised, open a business account, i went with hsbc as they do a direct account that is Internet biased and its free to write and receive up to 20 cheques per month, no annual fee either. well worth it.

it also comes across more professional when cheques are made payable to 'company name'

you can apply for the account online too!