C&G 2330 Level 2 (206) Practical Exam.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive got my 206 in about 5 weeks time and compared to what you have to do its nothing.

we have got:

4mm SWA feed to CU

PVC conduit to a intermediate lighting circuit/flouresant fitting via junction box

1 socket in pvc then another in MICC to continue radial

this is what we have got to do had the plan for it today.

img031.jpg

Sorry for sounding so dull, But I really can't think what to enter in the "Safety Precautions Required" section (4c).

Any tips please? :_|

On this sheet: ->
2330-2069-1.jpg

still havent got my paperwork back its about 6 weeks assessor says exsternal verifier is going to do all groups together its peeing me right off.

DARRON

PPE required for power tools

110v power tools

safe use of hand tools

boots

GS38 probes for safe iso

just follow all the standard onsite guidelines cant think of much else to put

I think I done a risk assessment type thing in there, location of first aid box, fire exits etc etc. that type of thing. Don't know if it was correct, I havent heard if I've passed practical assessment.

Hope that is of some help

still havent got my paperwork back its about 6 weeks assessor says exsternal verifier is going to do all groups together its peeing me right off.DARRON
You can't remember what you wrote in that section, can you Darron? :(

I have to take it in to college Tomorrow. :_|

PPE required for power tools110v power tools

safe use of hand tools

boots

GS38 probes for safe iso

just follow all the standard onsite guidelines cant think of much else to put
Thanks Sparkss, I can't recall seeing anything like that in the OSG, Mate? :|

I think I done a risk assessment type thing in there, location of first aid box, fire exits etc etc. that type of thing. Don't know if it was correct, I havent heard if I've passed practical assessment. Hope that is of some help
Hi Mike-C, Thanks for your reply and Welcome to the Forum.

I thought the details you mentioned above, where placed as "Ticks" on This form?

Sorry for sounding so dull, But I really can't think what to enter in the "Safety Precautions Required" section (4c).Any tips please? :_|

On this sheet: ->
2330-2069-1.jpg
Well I would like to help on this one m8!

but I ain't ever done 2330!!!

is this form looking for awareness of safety issues relating to the work environments????

e.g.

not just the electrical issues..

but general H&S issues?

industrial environments may require ear defenders due to ambient noise.

checking condition of ladders and steps for damage prior to use.

verify all test equipment is working & not damaged.

work environments where sparks may be a hazarard... combustible atmosphere?

awareness of moving objects in the work area... cranes... fork trucks etc..

etc.. etc...

domestic enviromnents...

checking for young children or pets who can't read warning signs?

unattended open floorboards..

trip hazards.. especially with elderly persons present.. not just extn leads..

tool box or tools left on floor?

etc.. etc....

I suppose anything on these lines or similar could be classed as safety precautions???

but as I say... i'm only guessing? ?:| :( :|

i dont mean OSG, i mean the rules we follow on site health and safety at work act and electricity and work regs ect :)

sparkss

Hi all

I have just joined the forum so please excuse any obvious gaffs!

I also expect to have my 206 practical in 4-5 weeks and one thing that amazes me is that many of you already know what you have to do. I have been searching on t'internet for examples of the exam with no success. To make things worse, my college tutor says that he can't help.

Can any of you chaps help? Before anyone says it, no I don't want to cheat but I would like an idea of what I am up against. For starters, I have yet to work with SWA and conduit and I do know that these are in the exam!!!

Yours hopefully

Corky

Hi Corky,

1st off - Welcome to the forum.

I aren't at home at the moment, but I have the paperwork that I can put on here. (In fact - I am almost certain that I have? :| ).

I am nearing the end of mine - and am going to put a seperate page on my website... www.electricianforum.co.uk and when I do - I will put the direct link on here for all to view it and print it off - should they wish.

I will also be putting the pictures of my 206 assignment on there too. Test results maybe too?

Regards,

Admin.