C&G 2330 Module 2

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

androiduk2002

Reaction score
Hi all,

Being half term week next week We was given a sample test paper to do, some of it we still have to learn but Ive done my best with a bit of reading , just wondered if you could confirm some of my answers for me :) .my answers in red.

In a domestic ring final circuit using 13A sockets to BS1363, a fused connection unit is wired in MICC cabele. What is the minimum size of cable ?

(A) 1.0mm2

(B) 1.5mm2

© 2.5mm2

(D) 4.0mm2

Which one of the methods listed below relates to basic protection ?

(A) Insulation

(B) Automatic disconnection of supply

© Electrical Seperation

(D) Earth-free equipotential bonding

Which one of the following could not be classified as an extraneous part ?

(A) A water pipe

(B) A casing of class II equipment

© A metal frame of a building

(D) The metal casing of a central heating pump

Thank you in advance.

Hi all,Being half term week next week We was given a sample test paper to do, some of it we still have to learn but Ive done my best with a bit of reading , just wondered if you could confirm some of my answers for me :) .my answers in red.

In a domestic ring final circuit using 13A sockets to BS1363, a fused connection unit is wired in MICC cabele. What is the minimum size of cable ?

(A) 1.0mm2

(B) 1.5mm2

© 2.5mm2

(D) 4.0mm2

Which one of the methods listed below relates to basic protection ?

(A) Insulation

(B) Automatic disconnection of supply

© Electrical Seperation

(D) Earth-free equipotential bonding

Which one of the following could not be classified as an extraneous part ?

(A) A water pipe

(B) A casing of class II equipment

© A metal frame of a building

(D) The metal casing of a central heating pump

Thank you in advance.
I disagree, my answers in blue

OK well I think he is totally watsed as a vet also :eek: :O

(A) 1.0mm2

(B) 1.5mm2

© 2.5mm2

(D) 4.0mm2

This one has me totally confused or maybe its just late and I am missing the point . I thought as a spur it was ment to be wired up to the FCU in the same size cable as suppling the ring 1.5mm2 as page 158 OSG, after the FCU it could be downgraded in size because the FCU was there to protect the cable ?

I have no doubt you are correct just getting it straight in my head ?:| ? :|

This is a tricky one.

Regulation 433.1.5 states that the minimum size for a ring with or without unfused spurs is 1.5mm