C&G 2377 On-Line?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davey B

Reaction score
Hi

My work put me through a PAT course with one of these on-line training organisations which basically consisted of watching a 45 minute DVD and on-line exam with multi-choice questions which took me 10 minutes. I was then awarded some sort of certificate which deems me competent to undertake commercial PAT testing.

However, I feel that the bare minimum should be a C&G cert. The problem is that I live in the very North part of Scotland and there is nowhere up here that does it or is doing the course in the foreseeable future.

I've had a scout about before posting, so think I probably know the answer, but was wondering if anyone knows if this course can be done as a distance package?

Thanks

Davey

How far north are you. I am doing my 2391 at Perth at the moment and they do 2377. What about Inverness?

How far north are you. I am doing my 2391 at Perth at the moment and they do 2377. What about Inverness?
About 5 miles west of Thurso (or almost parallel with Dunnet Head). I spoke to a tutor at the Inverness College who may do the the 2377 in March if he has enough interest, but is doing both modules. He claimed the course was really only for qualified electricians or those with a background in Physics??

There seems to be different entry requirements that are applied randomly and I'm only really interested in doing the PAT bit at this stage as I feel the 'course' I did was a bit basic.

Hi,

In England you would normally sit the test at a registered test centre, it is usually a one day course followed by the exam then you get the C&G cert in the post.

Check this out, not sure if you are already aware but this college offer a course, it is a 3 day course with C&G 2377 cert.

The course does not require you to have any electrical experience, however some organisations have different rules...

www.nhcscotland.com

The North Highland College

Main Centre

Ormlie Road

Thurso

Caithness

Scotland

KW14 7EE

Hope this helps. ;)

Hi Flash, thanks for the reply and taking the time to look that out. Sadly, the guy doing this at NHC in Thurso left this mortal coil last year and has not been replaced.

No way! that is bad man, good luck with your search!
Moved up here from That London after getting off the tube at Holborn one morning and decided I'd had enuff! It is beautiful up here, but so laid back that they are going backwards :)

Latest posts