Cable crimpers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouse

Reaction score
Would any of you good chaps be able to loan/hire to me a set of cable crimper's that will crimp up to 240mm SWA? or know anywhere to hire a set for a decent price

I am in the North West region so anyone in this area would be great, the job is starting in the next 3 weeks.

Thank you in advance

Try your local suppliers most do hire them out, if you have any problems I have a hydraulic set I could loan you.

I wish my set were as cheap as those in your link Steptoe! Could have saved myself a fortune, could never understand why you would need a 10mm hydraulic die though. Most sparks I know can do 10mm with their teeth!

Manator, I cant vouch for those particular ones, but I did have a set of cheap crimpers and they were fine for the amount of work I needed them for,

dunno just how much continual abuse you could give them though, someone obviously thought they had more need of mine than I had, :(

if I needed another set (for a one off for example) I would deffo simply take a chance and buy another cheap set.

scouse, eddies in wigan hire them out, so Im sure the ones near you would too,or how about these ?
Ican't moan about the set i bought well worth the money

I bought a cheap set like that from ebay (from china) as a second set, they have been thrwon in the bin, total garbage, crimp a 240/300 with them and when you have finished the crimp falls off the cable---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:34 ----------

I still have them steps if youd like to make me an offer :slap
Make your mind up, have you got them or have you thrown them ]:)