Cable type in a kitchen

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukeyluke

Reaction score
Hi, quick question

I'm wanted to extend a few cables in a kitchen (restaurant) there on commando sockets, one is a fryer and the other is a grill, the fryer is on a 4mm cable, and the grill is 6mm, can I just wack in an extension lead for both, with female and male adaptors?? the extra length is about an extra 5metres for both

regards luke

Agree with Badger...introducing more trailing leads can only

add to a trip hazard. They should be kept to a minimum.

Slips, trips and falls account for over 50% of all accidents

last time I looked.

Hi, quick questionI'm wanted to extend a few cables in a kitchen (restaurant) there on commando sockets, one is a fryer and the other is a grill, the fryer is on a 4mm cable, and the grill is 6mm, can I just wack in an extension lead for both, with female and male adaptors?? the extra length is about an extra 5metres for both

regards luke
I suspect some of our members would consider a question like this to be from a 5week wonder with little knowledge of underpinning electrical science, health & safety, good practice etc. Are you suggesting that having two leads, combined length of 10m, (of 4mm & 6mm CSA), lying around a functioning restaurant kitchen is a good idea?

Doc H.

I suspect some of our members would consider a question like this to be from a 5week wonder with little knowledge of underpinning electrical science, health & safety, good practice etc. Are you suggesting that having two leads, combined length of 10m, (of 4mm & 6mm CSA), lying around a functioning restaurant kitchen is a good idea?
Doc H.
well i wouldnt have said so!

Hi, quick questionI'm wanted to extend a few cables in a kitchen (restaurant) there on commando sockets, one is a fryer and the other is a grill, the fryer is on a 4mm cable, and the grill is 6mm, can I just wack in an extension lead for both, with female and male adaptors?? the extra length is about an extra 5metres for both

regards luke
Protective devices at board? current length of cct cables? Done any testing to check Zs?

As far as we know the cables could already be at there maximum permitted lengths to safely meet disconnection times.