caravan sockets & water

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

searley

Reaction score
does any body know what the distance is for a socket outlet to be placed from the edge of the sink rim i thought it was 300mm but my boss at work says it is 300mm from the middle of the sink bowl.

at the minute it is from the edge of the bowl to the middle of the socket 250mm that is with the tape flat from the rim to the middle of the socket.

does Horizontal or splashes come into effect in this.

only asking this because the boss is try`in to get me to sign saying i agree to put it at the 300mm from the middle and am not happy to do so.

thanks for help.

so a need to tell me boss to shove his paper he wants me to sign ?

and let him take the blame if out goes wrong.

so a need to tell me boss to shove his paper he wants me to sign ?and let him take the blame if out goes wrong.
sounds good :)

If you are working for someone else they shouldn't try to pass off their responsibility to the employees

Dont sign if your not happy with the position - if you think there is a good chance of it gettin wet/abused, move it. although in a caravan, there isnt normally much room for anything else

And im guessing your still an apprentice/trainee? so why is he expecting you to sign it?

in final year just about done.a think the boss wants no come back on him.

had a look in the big red book like you say it says nothing.

As said. There is no reg - but is is good practice to install (If you Must) a minimum of 300 fro the EDGE of the sink.

in final year just about done.a think the boss wants no come back on him.had a look in the big red book like you say it says nothing.
As an apprentice, you should not have to sign anything. If your competent, then you can, but why should you. And unless you done the design, construction and I&T, then you would need a 3 part EIC and you boss would have to sign his part

does any body know what the distance is for a socket outlet to be placed from the edge of the sink rim i thought it was 300mm but my boss at work says it is 300mm from the middle of the sink bowl.at the minute it is from the edge of the bowl to the middle of the socket 250mm that is with the tape flat from the rim to the middle of the socket.

does Horizontal or splashes come into effect in this.

only asking this because the boss is try`in to get me to sign saying i agree to put it at the 300mm from the middle and am not happy to do so.

thanks for help.
1] As said there is no reg, guidance suggest preferably 300mm or greater.

but if not possible.. just fit as far away as possible.

2] Caravan? its going to be RCD protected anyway..

Both in the caravan AND on the site pitch connection.

so risk minimal!

3] water pressure is lower in caravan that domestic mains.. so less splashes.

1] As said there is no reg, guidance suggest preferably 300mm or greater.but if not possible.. just fit as far away as possible.

2] Caravan? its going to be RCD protected anyway..

Both in the caravan AND on the site pitch connection.

so risk minimal!

3] water pressure is lower in caravan that domestic mains.. so less splashes.
And the floor certainly won't be earthy.

;)

Like the above posts, there is no defined minimum distance but 300mm is normally the figure most keep to measured horizontally from the edge of the sink.

The only Electrical regulation to take note of is 721.55.2.3

Where an accessory is located in a position in which it is exposed to the effects of moisture it shall be constructed or enclosed so as to provide a degree of protection not less than IP44.

there is no regulation for it, but geed practice is 300mm depending on situation
I thought it was a reg in the BRB, but can't find it

However the Leccy's Guide to Building regs (Green Book) has on: pg60-61

5.2.2 Location of accessories in Kitchen

general guidance can be provided as follows:

iv Accessories should be installed a minimum of 300mm from the edge of Kitchen sinks and draining boards to reduce the risk of being splashed

So unless I'm mistaken it's covered by Part P in table 2, but as Andy suggests is not a reg in the BRB

Caravan installations are not part of part p

So you can only go on the BRB on this one.

Caravan installations are not part of part pSo you can only go on the BRB on this one.
True, does help if I read the title of the post :coat

Latest posts