Cats tail issue

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What it is, is He seems to have a pronounced kink in his tail, it seems very painful for even a whisp of air to glide over it for him. I have him booked in for a vets appointment first thing in the morning. Could it be something along the lines of a flea bite or something more serious? because of this he seems to be more lethargic and less wanting cuddles and more sleepy if that makes sense?

Any advice gratefully welcomed bud

AndyGuinness

The most likely thing is an abscess from a cat bit on his tail. This is a very common place for this to happen, but is a cowards injury [he was running away!].

If this is the case all that will be needed is a cource of antibiotics and maybe some painkillers. If it's formed a proper jucy abscess then it may need lancing [possibly under sedation].

The next likely is some kind of injury damaging the tail - such as trapped somewhere [in a door quite common] or even a clip from a car. Some of these will heel by themselves with just some pain relief. Some require the tail to be amputated.

My money is on a CAB (cat bite abscess) - really painful, but really good to cure!

To be on the safe side I'd take away any cat food you have down and keep him in just in case (leave water available)

Good luck and let me know how you get on!

No it was actually a bite from another cat that got infected. He was given an injection of something by the vet that lasts about 2 weeks apparently. So in all He is now upstairs snoring his backside off.

Many thanks to Patch and everyone else, it put My mind at ease if nothing else.

AndyGuinness

No it was actually a bite from another cat that got infected. He was given an injection of something by the vet that lasts about 2 weeks apparently. So in all He is now upstairs snoring his backside off.Many thanks to Patch and everyone else, it put My mind at ease if nothing else.

AndyGuinness
So it was a cat bite abscess :D

If only I could cure it via the internet ;)

The injection is called Convenia - a full course of antibiotic from a single injection. Dear, but better than piling a cat twice daily!

:D

Pah - where do you get them from? Could easily be double that :|
cheapness in quantity

discounts work like that,

plus I dont do much shooting in england, so when I do its with a guy that prob does over 1000 a month easily

cheapness in quantitydiscounts work like that,

plus I dont do much shooting in england, so when I do its with a guy that prob does over 1000 a month easily
blooming heck. For clays I can't get much below

dont know much about clays,I was brought up that if you dont want to eat it dont even try to shoot it.

I only shoot when I go back over to NI,

its very controlled there,

well the guns and cartridges bit is anyway,,

but its about 12p a go

still a cheap dinner, unless you have me shooting,

about