change from domestic to commercial/industrial

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF were they extracting!
nothing special. each fan was just a standard 4 or 6" fan, wired back to this. no idea if the other houses had the same controls

notice the earth temrinal block at the top - do you think they forgot about that during manufacturing?

oswald,Please tell what control panels on domestic?
never seen a domestic with galv conduit.....
Obviously you big boys havent done any high end domestic. Worked in big places with control panels for the heating setup and basements wired in galv trunking and conduit. Lot of commercial snobbery on this forum, a control panel is not a mystical art and neither is a bit of galv. If people have a brain and are shown something then going commercial from domestic aint hard its just finding a company that will let you do it.

notice the earth temrinal block at the top - do you think they forgot about that during manufacturing?
Nicely wired panel.

Why didn't they just fit some din rail earth terminals to the right hand end of that rail?

In My old/rented out house in West London, it is a maisonette. It has metallic conduit due to the fact that the upstairs ceiling is an 18 inch thick concrete slab for the maisonettes on top of us. Our outside light there is supplied to each house via 2.5mm 2 core M.I. cable in orange.

AndyGuinness

looking back at the pics it looks like it may actually be blown air heating? or some varient (never really looking into it much at the time, just noticed everything being marked as 'fan')

11. Looks like HTC fuse carriers in there - no need with a proper design and mcb's - could be wrong though the pics not that clear when you zoom in
larger pics if you want them

Obviously you big boys havent done any high end domestic.
I worked for nine months in Jersey (land of the millionaire tax exiles) and saw a lot of high-end domestic installations. In fact, I only came across one or two houses with a single-phase supply there.

Plenty of steel trunking in them etc.

I would agree that normally you would see it in commercial and industrial installations, but it can exist within domestic installations too.

Obviously you big boys havent done any high end domestic. Worked in big places with control panels for the heating setup and basements wired in galv trunking and conduit. Lot of commercial snobbery on this forum, a control panel is not a mystical art and neither is a bit of galv. If people have a brain and are shown something then going commercial from domestic aint hard its just finding a company that will let you do it.
Going commercial or even heavy industry to domestic is easy enough. The OP was about doing it the other way around if I read it right?

I know this is old thread, but our home in Oz was three phase due to the size of the home and the mahhasive (huge and massive) air con unit! Oh and there is something special about cable ladder that looks like art, love it :)