Chasing walls out

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always use 28/30mm as that's what my chaser is set to and the width of my chisels.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 07:49 ---------- Previous post was made at 07:47 ----------

Oval for chased walls, capping for walls to be bonded out, never had a problem with it, screw it to the walls and let the plasterer make the wall flat.

time it take to get 2 cables through oval i can cover 2 cables in capping and fix it in place

Never had a problem with capping, unless on natural stone then if you can get builder to give wall a scratch coat, which most do anyway on stone walls, it's then no harder than block wall. If fixings are weak with galv nails then use screws.

Just to add, I get my labourer to fill all chases with "bonding coat" plaster after we clip direct. Then we know that no harm will come to them and we are doing the plasterer a favour at the same time, plus with some walls it makes sure the chase does not spread

We need electricians Olympics

Capping Vs Oval Vs Round

Makita Vs Dewalt Vs Milwaukee

And the big one

Megger Vs Fluke

almost forgot

5WW Vs 5 year apprentice Vs the old boy that did 80 years as a spark and was beaten with cable and slept on a bed of MCB's while reading nothing but regs in spare time

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add, I get my labourer to fill all chases with "bonding coat" plaster after we clip direct. Then we know that no harm will come to them and we are doing the plasterer a favour at the same time, plus with some walls it makes sure the chase does not spread
That's what we do - customers like it too; makes things seem less drastic to them.

We need electricians OlympicsCapping Vs Oval Vs Round

Makita Vs Dewalt Vs Milwaukee

And the big one

Megger Vs Fluke

almost forgot

5WW Vs 5 year apprentice Vs the old boy that did 80 years as a spark and was beaten with cable and slept on a bed of MCB's while reading nothing but regs in spare time
How about the 9M earth rod whackdown ? .... Steps for gold ....
default_good%20luck.gif

I clip, then proceed to argue with every new plasterer who's not worked on a job with me because they think it should have capping

I clip, then proceed to argue with every new plasterer who's not worked on a job with me because they think it should have capping
had the opposite the other week - shower cable was in T2 in hallway, going to shower on other wall. cable to be chased, and bathroom just tiled afew days previously.

so i chased it in and put some steel plate over it. only to get plasterer moaning about it 'because the plaster wont stick', and 'it will take too long to go off'. well your the plasterer, thats your problem not mine

Latest posts