Christmas presents for sparks?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyones like me and treats themselves at the festive time of year with some new tools/clothes/gear.

As I get older (and busier) I find work takes over more and more of my time I end up just having money off people in cards etc and just buying my own stuff after the New Year. Takes the fin out of it but Chrimbo is for the kids really.

Anyway this year I fancy splashing out on some new screwdrivers. Had my eye on those Irazola ones that Cirrus recommended to me ages ago. Will treat myself to a new set of knipex side cutters. I did have some new ones but left them up an attic somewhere so the ones im using now are from the time before that. Very blunt with a hole in the middle. Might stock up on some snickers hoodies. A new pair of boots is a must. Saw a nice pair in Citys ( I rarely go in Citys) recently. I believe they are "Scruffs". Oh and I cant find my allen keys anywhere so a new set of em. And a decent flask, one that holds a few brews especially with January and Feb approaching.

Theres my wish list. Nothing extravagent just little things to make everyday life easier. Whats everyone else getting/asking for - work related?

Mrs Doc is extremely P****d off. She secretly bought me a new shotgun with strict instructions for the shop not to tell me about it. She was going to give me a brochure on Chrismas day and i was to be picking it up on Boxing Day

Young shop assistant phones today, i answer phone, he asks "when i am coming in for the stock fitting".

She goes of to the shop for a "chat" with the manager.

if I was her I think I would make them suffer and make my purchase elsewhere,

either that or massive discount, or some extras ,

new gun cabinet, few cases of cartridges......?????

ive asked santa for a megger 1552

lets see if ive be good boy this year

Mrs Doc is extremely P****d off. She secretly bought me a new shotgun with strict instructions for the shop not to tell me about it. She was going to give me a brochure on Chrismas day and i was to be picking it up on Boxing DayYoung shop assistant phones today, i answer phone, he asks "when i am coming in for the stock fitting".

She goes of to the shop for a "chat" with the manager.
Spoilt the suprise there Spark MD !! But tell me , I thought nobody could have guns since the great handing them all in business following Dunblane. A guy I know had to hand his in and presumably can't have another. How does it work then ?

Spoilt the suprise there Spark MD !! But tell me , I thought nobody could have guns since the great handing them all in business following Dunblane. A guy I know had to hand his in and presumably can't have another. How does it work then ?
After Hungerford, all automatic self loading weapons were banned. After Dunblane, all handguns over .22 cal were banned. There was also changes to semi auto shotguns.

The rules for gun ownership have been tightened up considerably but as long as you can fulfill the requirements of your local firearms officer, you can obtain a license.

Thanks for that Spark Dr ,. I think there are more unlicensed guns here in Brum than the bleedin' Wild West !! :( X(
I have said it before and i will say it again,

"It is grim up North":p:p:^O:^O

nothing wrong with rifles or shotguns it`s the idiots that get hold of them that cause the problems:^O i miss my army day`s i loved my SLR,great piece of kit would stop an elephant no probs. :)

dont like guns and never will ban the lot of them X(
In 2004, 1570 pedestrians were killed by drunk drivers in the UK.

Last year, 27 people were stabbed to death in London alone.

Whats next, ban cars and knife's

Simple fact is, "GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL". A gun is a instrument just as much as a baseball bat or a wrecking bar around the head.

I have said it before and i will say it again,"It is grim up North":p:p:^O:^O
Birmingham isn't 'up north'.

Pah - any thing's south below the Humber Estuary :p

dont like guns and never will ban the lot of them X(
They generate a lot of money for many businesses. They are used to shoot cows and sheep in abattoirs, important for defence..........

In 2004, 1570 pedestrians were killed by drunk drivers in the UK.Last year, 27 people were stabbed to death in London alone.

Whats next, ban cars and knife's

Simple fact is, "GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL". A gun is a instrument just as much as a baseball bat or a wrecking bar around the head.
FACT

couldnt agree more.

like u say, ban stanley knives cos football hooligans use them?

why dont we just ban the ban on capital punishment?

you cut someone, we cut you back,

you kill someone, we kill you slowly,

never could understand why we keep hunger strikers alive.!!!!

no matter what your political views at least Maggie had the right idea when she let the people that didnt want to eat not eat.

less expense to the taxpayer, and no emotional blackmail either.

nothing wrong with rifles or shotguns it`s the idiots that get hold of them that cause the problems:^O i miss my army day`s i loved my SLR,great piece of kit would stop an elephant no probs. :)
Ah yes the good old L1A1

Only a pain when it came to cleaning carbon from the end of the gas comp rod after live firing........but thats what the vinegar was good for.

Recon I could still strip one down & re-assemble no probs.

Gotta agree nothing wrong with fire arms, it's when the uneducated & untrained get their grubby little mits on them.

Take that BBC documentary a few months back about bullying, the recruit was whining about been given a smack in the chops on the ranges by the DI his words were some thing like " I was only pointing the rifle at *** pretending to shoot"

He got off lightly, in my day you point your gat at anybody on the ranges in jest & the DI saw you'd be waking up in the guard house cells after a slapping & only have camp fatuiges / changing parades and daily beastings to look forward to for the next week.

As for crimbo present, I've asked for a head lamp with rechargable belt battery pack

http://www.fitsense.co.uk/Petzl-Ultra-Belt-Head-Torch.htm