Click minigrid users

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning to you all ,
Just after some advise on the click minigrid range , Customer has supplied some 13 amp minigrid switches to supply a dishwasher ,a fridge and an extractor , I looked up the conductor port entry sizes and they are 3.5mm whereas the current 20ax ones are 5mm which is more suitable to loop in and out of on rfc .
Have any of you used these ?
Thanks

I tend to use the 20A 2 module switches as they have a more positive feel when switched although occassionally on some jobs I have have used the 13A single module switches to keep it all in a 2 gang plate
If using the minigrid I would recommend using 35mm or deeper back boxes to avoid putting strain on the switches when trying to cram all the cables back into the box when fixing the plate

I tend to use the 20A 2 module switches as they have a more positive feel when switched although occassionally on some jobs I have have used the 13A single module switches to keep it all in a 2 gang plate
If using the minigrid I would recommend using 35mm or deeper back boxes to avoid putting strain on the switches when trying to cram all the cables back into the box when fixing the plate
Hi Ung ,
I bet you find the minigrid ones a real pain to terminate on the supply side , 2 x 2.5 must be a pain to get in those.

Hi Ung ,
I bet you find the minigrid ones a real pain to terminate on the supply side , 2 x 2.5 must be a pain to get in those.
They are tight but I've had worse, the pain is wrangling all the cables into the back box and not letting the 2.5's put too much strain on the switches when you fix the plate back

Latest posts