Cold Radiator

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevH

Reaction score
I have just had a new combi fitted, and several radiators replaced. In doing this the plumber also power flushed the system. However, one of the 3 new radiators is now hardly getting warm even with TRV and lock shield valves wide open, and all other radiators shut off. There is no air in the radiator and the (new) TRV is fitted the right way.

What does happen is that the TRV gets very hot, but the top of the radiator just about get warm to the touch, the lower part remains cold.

Any thoughts ??

remove the trv head and pull on the pin .. use some pliers to gently release it up and down then try it,

other than that it may be air .... get all the rads red hot...... then turn them off one at a time so the heat stays on ..... the heat will be pushed round the remaining rads as you close them one at a time .. until you come to the last remaining rad..

check the pipes to the rad they should both be red hot...

Thank-you.

I came the same conclusion about heating the system up befoe reading your reply. I pushed the boiler CH temperature up to about 75C and let everything get nice and hot, took a little more air from the system, but not much. Then turned the rads off one by one.........By the time I got the problem rad it was starting to get a little heat into it. Ran it for a further hour. All this seemed to improve things significantly. Almost exactly as you suggested. Lets hope the improvement remains.

Thanks again for you time to respond