combi supply

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandalay

Reaction score
Alright lads,

bit of advice needed, doing a CU change for my assessment have also installed a new downstairs and kitchen ring(s). What is bothering me is that the combi in the kitchen was just plugged into a kitchen socket, so do I have to run in a dedicated circuit for the boiler(as stated in my OSG) or am I ok running it off a FCU from ring.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dont gas fitters use and plug and socket because they dont have part p so cant get involved with the electrics legally. My boiler was plugged in until I fcu'd it onto kitchen ring.

Seperate radial cct only required for Water heaters 15 lts and above or items of fixed equipment 2kw or more.

Neither applicable to Boilers

Its a common sense thing. Boilers work fine on a 3a spur, so will not put a strain on a ring cct were electric heating like an oil filled radiator may tip the balance and trip an mcb when on part of a ring, if for example a kettle and spin dryer were operating at the time.

Dont gas fitters use and plug and socket because they dont have part p so cant get involved with the electrics legally. My boiler was plugged in until I fcu'd it onto kitchen ring.
iirc, under part p, all heating wiring is notifiable

The boiler instructions ive read have stated plug and socket is ok but socket is to be unswitched.

At one point Ferroli Boilers were coming with a moulded plug on them from the factory...

(I don't know if they do any more the quality of the boilers went down the pan so I stopped fitting them.)

Also they like most other boilers come with an option of wireless control, thus sidestepping notification.