Commercial installations

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maffematics

Reaction score
Hi all

If I was only doing commercial installations would i need to be registered with niceic,napit etc or can i just self certify my work on plain certificates

Thanks matt

You can actually do ANYTHING including notifiable without registering....

if you pay the LABC first!!!

There is NO obligation to be a member of any scheme..

BUT..

practically it is a far more cost effective as a business doing more than a couple of notifiable jobs per year to register with an approved scheme provider!

:Salute

Of course, if you work in Scotland, where there is no part P, you can also do ALL domestic work without needing to register with any scam provider :innocent

You may find that some customers may only want you to work for them if you are registered probably with NICEIC as they are the favourite.

Of course, if you work in Scotland, where there is no part P, you can also do ALL domestic work without needing to register with any scam provider :innocent
I was waiting for one of our tartan members to add that comment.

Doc H.

They have to rub it in don't they?

I think we should petition the Scottish Parliament to bring it in !!!
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

On the other hand it must prevent the Scots from working in England .!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was made at 13:25 ----------

Maffemattiks , I'd like to guess that in 10 years , Sparks will have to be registered for all areas of work.

They won't leave it at domestic only.